White Label Option Does Not Properly White Label the System

White Labeling removes the branding on most the Client Portals as expected however there are a couple of places where the white labeling doesn’t work. I realized the administration panel is not intended to be white labeled and I don’t actually mind that because only employees would see that. I don’t really have a problem with that in general.

However, there are issues with the branding showing up on the public side via the Admin Login and Session Expired message.

Neither of those instances should show any branding once the White Label option has been purchased.

I’d prefer to have the admin white labeled as well and am willing to pay extra for that. What do you think of offering the following . . .

$20 to White Label Front-end and PDFs.
$20 to White Label the Back-end Administration.

$40 total to white label everything. I don’t mean for reselling though, just for average usage. In terms of reselling, I understand that would be much more.

Instead of allowing for logo changes like a reseller would need, I’d be happy with simply the removal of the branding stuff like the logos and “powered by” message.

I mean it is open source so if someone were to really want to remove the branding it wouldn’t take that much effort to do so. I’m suggesting a way to make it abide by the license.

Thanks for your feedback!

Failure #2 is a bug, we’ll include a fix with our next release.

Failure #1 isn’t client facing, I think the behavior is right.

You are correct, the white label license basically works on the honor system. We have a reseller program which enables removing our branding from the app, we don’t have plans to offer this on it’s own.

Failure #2 is a bug, we’ll include a fix with our next release.

Fantastic, thanks.

Failure #1 isn’t client facing, I think the behavior is right.

Yea, technically it isn’t client facing but it has the potential to be with a very simple action taken by a client.

If the client were to edit the url from http://example.com/inv/public/client/dashboard to http://example.com/inv/public then they would see the branding on the login.

I realize the likelihood of that happening is very low but it could certainly be done by someone curious and there really isn’t any barrier to do so.

I think ultimately an employee doesn’t need to be presented with the branding on the login form because they will see it the moment they login where as there is slight potential for a client to stumble into it.

You are correct, the white label license basically works on the honor system. We have a reseller program which enables removing our branding from the app, we don’t have plans to offer this on it’s own.

That’s unfortunate but I understand the reasoning behind and ultimately I don’t really care if employees are aware of the name of the software being used. :slight_smile:

Thanks for Invoice Ninja, so far it’s freaking awesome.

What i would like is to only whitelabel the login page, only remove the logo and footer. I don’t care if dashboard has a ton of backlinks but the login page shouldn’t have any logo. This is the main reason that’s keeping me from switching to invoiceninja. Other than that, it’s a great web app. Really. Users who want to remove every backlink and logo and don’t care about the license, know how to do that and the login branding would only keep legit users from purchasing that small yearly fee (which i think, should be much higher).

That’s a valid point, we’ll fix failure #1 as well.

> That’s a valid point, we’ll fix failure #1 as well.

That’s outstanding news. I have been advocating for Invoice Ninja for a couple months now and now knowing that the project is open to discussion with the community inspires me to advocate more. So far, I’ve already convinced 2 people within the past 24 hours to give Invoice Ninja a try. I expect that to continue. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for this project, it’s almost perfect for all my needs.

Thanks, that’s really nice to hear!

Will it be integrated on the next version?

Yes, these changes will be in our next major release (v2.8) in about 4 to 6 weeks.

fallout boy thumbs up

Any ETA for this? I am looking forward to it.

We plan to release our latest self-host version (v2.8) this week.

That’s great! Thank you! BTW where can I subscribe for updates?

We typically post to Facebook and Twitter to announce new self host releases.

Once the new version is released to invoiceninja.com you’ll see an update message from within the app itself.

Any update on this? Would love to see a screenshot.

These changes should be included in the v2.8 release.

v2.8.1 is the latest release, right? So it means it’s added? Would love to see a screenshot of the login page as discussed earlier on this thread.

Thank you!

Sorry, I’m busy working on new features…

It’s the same page with our logo removed.

Alot has been fixed aready regarding this, thanks for that :slight_smile:

1: Every update I do remove the link on the resources/views/auth/login.blade.php next to recover password (still goes to invoiceninja.com)

2: Still users see the Invoice Ninja logo’s/twitter/fb/… when they visit a link that doesn’t exist (anymore).

Example: go to the APPURL/view/iIOJDIOJiojdiiOIJJIOJIOois or something other random… The client could and sometimes even will do this (for whatever reason). The error page isn’t that nice, but more important, the system forgets to white label this.

Can those two be fixed in some next release?

PS: In the above comment I mentioned behavior bug #2: This ONLY occurs when a user started a session succefully from within the email link (or his/her personal portal url/…) and then types some other things after /view/…

The behavior is perfect when no session is active and someone try’s APPURL/view/SOMERANDOM
The behavior is bad for an active session and someone try’s APPURL/view/SOMERANDOM

Sorry if I miscommunicated that!