How to install manually Invoice Ninja v5+

I am trying to install the latest Invoice Ninja from the terminal. I have tried several guides, and none seem to produce results…

The server is Debian 12. Tried PHP 8.1 and 8.2. All attempts were on Apache2

These are the guides I followed, all on fresh installs…

Can someone please give me some direction that actually gets me somewhere…

Hi,

Are you seeing a specific error?

I managed to come right through trial and error and just dumb luck.

I now have the entire process scripted in Bash, even the /public/setup part including testing PDF, DB and Email.

If anyone wants, I can share my script with them.

Also discovered a lot of uses for artisan… like A LOT of VERY useful things.

I am very much interested in your bash script if you don’t mind sharing.
I’m in the process of trying to build a new ansible playbook to install invoiceninja now.

Thanks in advance!

Sure, I will stick it on my Git Server for you…

https://git.zaks.web.za/thisiszeev/invoiceninja-debianinstaller.git

1 Like

Would this script work on Ubuntu and what does it assume is already in place on a fresh OS install? (Docker already present etc)

Thanks!

Ubuntu should work, though I never tested it.

It is a blank server with nothing installed except the system tools installed by the ISO. You can install SSH if you want.

It will install Apache2 and configure it, PHP8.2-FPM + modules and configure it, MariaDB and harden it, Optional Let’s Encrypt Certificate, and Invoice Ninja. When done, you can just open your browser to Invoice Ninja and log on.

1 Like

Must be run as root or sudo

I am busy downloading Ubuntu Server 22.04 and 23.10. Will set them both up and do a test run and post here the results.

2 Likes

Awesome! Please report back on Ubuntu. And I am willing to try it also.

Realized I mentioned docker above…mixing up the methods to install this. I definitely want to try your script. Thanks for sharing it!

My script will not touch any docker installation or containers, so if you have docker installed it is fine, but if you have any vhosts setup in Apache, or you are running a different webservice, you will run into trouble

It fails at the command a2dismod php8.2 (EXIT CODE: 1)

I am investigating why

1 Like

Even though the script explicitly runs apt -y install php8.2-{mods,go,here} it has install php8.3.

Figured it out… seems all PHP versions come preinstalled on ubuntu. This is why I prefer Debian, no bloat preloaded. I have patched the script and I am testing again.

1 Like

Awesome! appreciate your updates.

Earlier we were having electricity issues, on and off on and off… now it is Shabbos so I will continue on Saturday night or Sunday.

We are going into a winter storm here also. Stay safe! Look forward to your updates.