Will reminder send if conditions passed already?

Hey dear support,

We just completed with the template for the reminder1 and enabled today email sending.
The question is whether it will email clients with reminder1 that >7 days as configured ???

How it works?

Hi,

No, the reminders will only send for future invoices.

OK.
what if we wanted to send 2 more reminders?
30 days past due
60 days past due with collection language
Does Invoice Ninja support that?

Yes, that’s supported

how is it possible to configure?
I see only reminder1, 2, 3
we configured it as 7 before due_date , 0 days and after 7 days.

and need 2 more reminders 30 and 60 days …

Also, I’ve configured Invoice Remind webhook and sent via API one reminder and web hook did not catch anything, what could be the issue? When “invoice remind” webhook triggers?

Maybe you can use the endless reminder option?

I believe the webhook fires when the reminder is sent by the system.

Do you mean that only for newly created invoices reminders will be sent?
Or does it mean that only future due date for the already created invoices ?

@david can you please advise when the recurring date is set?

due date let say is 13/03/2022
we configured 3 reminders:

1. before due date 7 days
  2. at the due date (means 0 days)
  3. after due date 7 days

for some invoices we already missed reminder 1 , since 13/03 - 7 days = 06/03 but today is 09/03.
not clear to me will reminder 2 , 3 send or not?

In other words, is these reminders wont send even for the later reminders? If the invoice was created prior to that button being checked?

@akushyn

The schedule only affects invoices created after the changes are made to your reminders, so if you have invoices which never had reminders set on them, they won’t pick up the new schedule.

However existing invoices which are in a reminding schedule will pickup any changes after they send at their next scheduled interval.

example:

1. invoice has an existing FIRST reminder set to send on the 1st of April, on the 1st of april that reminder will send, and then the system will scan the reminder schedule and inject the next_send_date of the next calculated reminder schedule that is configured at that point in time.

Invoice created 13/02/2022
due date let say is 13/03/2022
we configured 3 reminders:

1. before due date 7 days
  2. at the due date (means 0 days)
  3. after due date 7 days

for some invoices we already missed reminder 1 , since 13/03 - 7 days = 06/03 but today is 09/03.
not clear to me will reminder 2 , 3 send or not?

In other words, is these reminders wont send even for the later reminders? If the invoice was created >prior to that button being checked?

@david
thank you for the answer.
I confused will second and third reminder send for the example above???

I was able to configure this up and can see the next send date set correctly to 7 days prior.

Can you advise the status of the invoice? Is it already sent / marked at sent? Or still in Draft status?