Whoops, looks like something went wrong - Screen message

Hi,

I am recieving this screen every time after I enter my 2FA number. I’ve tried different browsers etc.

If anyone has any troubleshooting tips it would be appreciated.

Regards.

Are there any details in storage/logs/laravel-error.log

Thanks for the quick response! Here are the last few lines:

[2020-08-24 18:23:52] production.ERROR: Illuminate\Contracts\Encryption\DecryptException [0] :
/var/www/html/invoice-ninja/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Encryption/Encrypter.php [Line 195] => The MAC is invalid. {“context”:“PHP”,“user_id”:0,“account_id”:0,“user_name”:"",“method”:“POST”,“user_agent”:“Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/84.0.4147.125 Safari/537.36”,“locale”:“en”,“ip”:“123.23.3.4”,“count”:1,“is_console”:“no”,“is_api”:“no”,“db_server”:“mysql”,“url”:“validate_two_factor/a6jv3lknzvxxqkwmkg0lwq68uhx4i5eq”} []

This error is usually caused by the APP_KEY changing in the .env file

I previously had issues with the key as it got deleted so I thought I could restore from another instance but judging by your answer and the results, this detail is stored in the db right?? Is there a way I can clear it all or change the APP_KEY in any way?

The APP_KEY value is stored in the .env file.

You can run this SQL query to clear 2FA:

update users set google_2fa_secret = null, remember_2fa_token = null where email = '<your email>';

Thanks, this sorted it out. Appreciate the help!

1 Like