Webhooks defined in Payment Links ignore timezone setting

Hi,

I have set up a Payment Link with a frequency of 1 week. I defined a Webhook which then runs automatically when the subscription gets paid or is expired.

See Free Source Available Invoicing, Expenses & Time-Tracking | Invoice Ninja

The webhook runs at a specific time which seem to be set somewhere internally, which is fine.

In Settings > Localization I set my timezone to Europe/Berlin which is currently UTC +1 CET (Central European Time). The webhooks now run at 1:00 am and 7:00 am.

During summer, when my timezone is UTC +2 CEST (Central European Summer Time), the webhooks run 1 hour later, at 2:00 am and 8:00 am.

Could you fix this, so that the webhooks run always at the same time based on my timezone and take into account the summertime?

Many thanks in advance,
Gijs

Hi,

@david can you please advise?

1 Like

I’ll take a look into this.

1 Like

@ecomsilio

I have this checked in for the next release :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for the quick fix David!

Hi @david

Happy easter.

Last night Europe changed to Central European Summer Time and the “issue” seems to be still open. Untill 2 days ago, the Webhook setting as describes in Posting 1, was running at 1 am. Now we changed to Summer Time and the Webhhok are running at 2 am.

Is this the wanted behaviour?

Thanks,
Gijs

@ecomsilio

Happy Easter!

The cron that fires the expired subscription/payment link webhook notification is set to run daily at 00:01 UTC.

As it is a cron job, it will always follow the server time and not a localized time as such.

We could change the logic here to factor in timezones, and for consistency, we’d make the notification fire at 00:01 local time. does this sound ok?

Hi David,

yes, that would be nice. I already expected that it would follow the settings at “Settings > Localization”.

Thanks a lot!
Gijs