Hi, I’m starting to use Invoice Ninja latest hosted version (v5) and I have configured 2 webhooks for creating and updating an invoice that call a REST api made by me to store all invoices in another database for audit purposes, so I need both sides to be “strongly” synced.
The problem: At some moment, an invoice could be created or updated at the same time my api is unavailable for maintenance reasons (i.e. deploying a new version, or timeout…)
I noticed in the system logs when a call to a rest api by a webhook fails, it’s doing 5 retries, in time ranges from 10, 30, 60 and 180 seconds. Does this workflow end here?
I’ve been having a look at this forum, developer and user guides, github issues, and can’t find anything.
- how can I ensure my other database will be synced with Invoice Ninja?
- Any way to get the system logs programmatically?
- Any way to execute failed webhooks related to specific invoice creation/edition?
- How can I extend Invoice Ninja functionalities and become a platform integrator such as Zapier, Make…
- How can I implement a similar mechanism as Stripe Webhooks can self heal any transactions that are incomplete?
I was wondering in my mind:
- If I could extract and read system log and check for this kind of errors automatically, maybe I could trigger the webhook call that failed by executing it again somehow, maybe trhough ninja api?
- If there was a webhook for error handling maybe I could handle this problem with a different approach