$view_link URL issues

Hi,

I’m running the latest Invoice Ninja setup on shared hosting.

I’m setting up my email templates, with a $view_link and $payment_button at the bottom.

I’ve noticed when hovering over the links in the email preview interface, the $view_link button has a problematic URL.

similar to this:

https://subdomain.mydomain.com/invoices/l4zbq2dprO/subdomain.mydomain.com/client/invoice/FQD2SgzwCvBN4Vh3VAWnF9KHZVKtLKsf

the $payment_button link works fine though, both in the email preview interface, and the actual received emails. The $view_link does not work at all in the received emails. It’s clickable, but it doesn’t have a URL associated with it, so nothing happens.

I was previously using $view_button, but saw a post saying I should change to $view_link

Any insight to what might be going wrong?

Hi,

@david do you have any ideas?

So, the initial issue is not really a problem now. I found out that my desktop email app (Thunderbird) is causing some sort of issue with the $view_link button. the code is there for it to work, but the app just acts like it can’t do anything, even though the second button works. I checked by using my web email, and sure enough the button and linkage works fine and is setup to direct to the proper page. So, problem solved on my end.