Is that Partial/Deposit in creating invoice and paid to date in pdf same thing?
- The ‘partial/deposit’ field is used to accept a partial payment, rather than the full amount.
- ‘paid to date’ shows how much the client has paid so far towards the invoice.
that sounds similar.
what do i do when I need to make an invoice for let’s say…
receive payment before I create the invoice $100
If you can show me the screenshot, much appreciated.
Can you please explain what you mean by “receive payment before I create the invoice $100”
let’s say the client and i know that the total invoice is $280 minus discount $50 so total is $230
then the client give me the money of $100 and ask me to send him the invoice.
I this situation, what I understand is I put that $100 in [Partial/Deposit] when creating invoice and I write everything such as
money received or partial payment or partial due or deposit or whatever this is called is $100
I want to send the invoice, the pdf and the email with all same info but I get lost.
I get lost which field to use, what variables to use etc.
I hope you understand the situation better now.
I think I understand, in that case you’d want to enter a payment for $100.
which variable to use for the email
- total invoice amount
- received money/partial/deposit and date
- balance or the invoice minus deposit
We currently support three email variables:
- $total: The invoice total
- $balance: The remaining balance
- $amount: The requested amount
$balance and $amount are only different if a value is set for the partial/deposit field.
– $total: The invoice total
– $balance: The remaining balance
show the same value in the email, why is this?
Has a payment been made? Initially the values for the invoice will be the same.
Yes, it has payment/deposit
I’m not sure, I’m not able to replicate the problem.