V4 Recurring payments broken after upgrade to 4.5.46

I setup and had working the recurring invoices for my customers in my cpanel/softoculus installation. After upgrading to 4.5.46, the invoice is not automatically generated. I did verify there is a cron job for each of the following, paths differ, but I believe to be correct.
0 8 * * * /usr/local/bin/php /path/to/ninja/artisan ninja:send-invoices
0 8 * * * /usr/local/bin/php /path/to/ninja/artisan ninja:send-reminders

I am not seeing any errors in /storage/logs about the cron or other errors.

Does anyone know what else I need to check? TIA

Hi,

It may help to log the output of the cron to check for any errors.

Do they not log by default? If not, how do I enable that?

Thank you.

https://www.thegeekstuff.com/2012/07/crontab-log/

Hillel,

Thank you for pointer. Makes sense. I was able to implement that cron in which I did get an error. There error is
“Fatal error: Composer detected issues in your platform: Your Composer dependencies require a PHP version “>= 7.3.0”. You are running 7.1.33. in /home/xyxyxyxyxyxyx/public_html/invoices/vendor/composer/platform_check.php on line 24”

When I go to my cpanel under multiphp manager, I am showing php version 7.3 was installed prior to the upgrade. I did go ahead and try to move to php7.4. I am no longer getting that error, but my log file does not show anything else going into it either.

I checked to see if the recurring invoice has been created, and it has not. Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

So doing some more digging, the cpanel cron call had a php version number in it. After doing the move to php7.4 I had to edit the cron from /opt/cpanel/ea-php71/root/usr/bin/php to /opt/cpanel/ea-php74/root/usr/bin/php. Here is the new error below:

Warning: Class ‘Google_Service’ not found in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/invoices/vendor/google/apiclient-services/autoload.php on line 21

Warning: Class ‘Google_Service_Resource’ not found in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/invoices/vendor/google/apiclient-services/autoload.php on line 21

Warning: Class ‘Google_Model’ not found in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/invoices/vendor/google/apiclient-services/autoload.php on line 21

Warning: Class ‘Google_Collection’ not found in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/invoices/vendor/google/apiclient-services/autoload.php on line 21
Wed, 08 Dec 2021 04:30:04 +0000 Running SendRecurringInvoWed, 08 Wed, 08 Dec 2021 04:30:04 +0000 Recurring invoice(s) found
Wed, 08 Dec 2021 04:30:04 +0000 Processing Invoice: 61
Wed, 08 Dec 2021 04:30:05 +0000 Not billed - Sending Invoice
Wed, 08 Dec 2021 04:30:07 +0000 0 recurring expenses(s) found
Wed, 08 Dec 2021 04:30:07 +0000 Done
4:30:04 +0000 Done

Do you know if those are needed? The invoice was created, now I am waiting to see if the payment is automatically applied. I am not seeing them. Does that have anything to do with the errors included with this message?

If you were using an older version of PHP for the CLI it would explain the problem.

Those warnings can be ignored.