V4.5.43 sends test mail, doesn't send invoices

I moved IN from a subaccount to its own account on our cPanel host. Things seem to be working, except for emailing invoices. I click send invoice, nothing happens the “Email Invoice” window remains open until I close the box. I have debugging enabled.

Where do I go for information to help me solve this maddening situation?

/settings/system_settings | Sent Test Mail sends a test message.

Hi,

Are there any errors in the browser console after sending or in storage/logs/

You can also send emails from the /invoices page using the drop down next to Archive, it would be helpful to know if it works from there.

No errors, no email. laravel-info.log says:
[2021-09-09 13:54:19] production.INFO: Sending email - To: john@katycomputer.com | Reply: john@katycomputer.com | From: billing@katycomputer.com [] []
[2021-09-09 13:55:31] production.INFO: Sending email - To: john@katycomputer.com | Reply: john@katycomputer.com | From: billing@katycomputer.com [] []
[2021-09-09 13:57:05] production.INFO: Sending email - To: schmerold@outlook.com | Reply: john@katycomputer.com | From: billing@katycomputer.com [] []
[2021-09-09 13:58:18] production.INFO: Sending email - To: schmerold@outlook.com | Reply: john@katycomputer.com | From: billing@katycomputer.com [] []

Are you using v4 or v5? The post says v4 but the logs are v5.

V4, /public/index.php/settings/system_settings says:
Powered by Invoice Ninja - v4.5.43 | White labeled

Sorry, my mistake. Those are v4 logs.

Here are two things to try:

• See if it’s possible to email an invoice from the /invoices screen, you need to check the checkbox and click the dropdown arrow next to archive.

• It may help to reset the email templates on Settings > Templates & Reminders

Emailing invoice from /invoices screen fails. Reset email template didn’t help.

Curiously, if I click “View Invoice”, nothing happens. Downloading the invoice as a PDF is functional.

OK to close this topic. I have it working.

When we originally configured IN, we configured it as a parked domain off our main domain in cPanel. I toyed with the idea of moving to v5, but I wanted to continue using the original domain (parked.com).

So, I created a new account & domain, let’s call it migration.com, installed INv4 and restored parked’s SQL database into migration.com. Everything seemed fine, however, I didn’t test emailing invoices, so it may not have been fine. I then created another new account for parked.com and installed INv5.

Migration.com (INv4) wouldn’t recognized Parked.com (INv5), I fought with it a bit, gave up and deleted the parked.com account, then added parked.com, installed INv4 & restored the database. Everything seemed fine, but it wouldn’t mail invoices.

I then said “enough is enough”, terminated the new parked.com account, added parked.com to the main account. Everything is now working and I am back to where I started.

Perhaps I will give the v4 to v5 migration another shot next year.

1 Like