Users not to see the Dashboard?

Hi.

I want to give options for users to create quotes invoices and clients, but I would not like them to see the dashboard with all numbers and other Activity info.

Is there an option to hide it?

Thank you

Br,
Dali

You should be able to accomplish this with our latest version by changing the user’s permissions.

Dear Hillel.

Thank you

I have just updated to v2.5.2. Dashboard for user is now empty, except Outstanding number is still there. Don’t know why?

User has only this permissions checked.
Create clients, invoices, etc.
Allow user to create and modify records

Thank you
Br,
Dali

That sounds like a bug, we’ll look into correcting it in our next release.

Great.

Also as on the subject…

How would I give users access to see all the clients, but not other users quotes and requests?

Thank you

Br,
Dali

It’s not supported.

Thank you for reply.

I would like my workers to make quotes,invoices,payments,add/edit clients, but at the same time I would not like them to see entire company accounting, my and other users stuff. I do assign a jobs from the same client to different users. So if they each add the same client there will be many duplicates in admin view.

I believe separating current option in two would make sense.

View all invoices, etc.
Allow user to view records they didn’t create

View all clients
Allow user to view clients they didn’t create

Thank you
Br,
Dali

Thanks for the suggestion, we’ll keep it in mind for a future release.

Thank you Hillel.

I’m sure others will use the feature too.
I really appreciate it!

Br,
Dali

Hi.

I have just downloaded latest version. v2.5.2.2

users with only one option active (Create clients, invoices, etc., Allow user to create and modify records)

• can still see the Outstanding number in the dashboard.
  • creating a new quote - If user creates his own client then quote will save OK, but if user selects existing client from another user the code will brake. (Whoops, looks like something went wrong.)

Br,
Dali

Thanks for the feedback!

• This is fixed in our develop branch.
  • Is this seen with invoices as well or just quotes. Also, are there details in storage/logs/laravel-error.log

Hi Hillel.

For quotes, user can see other clients but it brakes on save quote for those.

1/1 ErrorException in InvoiceRepository.php line 220: Undefined index: client_id in InvoiceRepository.php line 220 at HandleExceptions->handleError( .... it continues for few pages that I won't paste here. You can try it for yourself. It will brake.

For invoices user will not see other clients but his own.

Thank you
Br,
Dali

Which permissions does the user have?

Hi Hillel.
Create clients, invoices, etc
Allow user to create and modify records)

Br,
Dali

Thanks for the info, I’m looking into it now.

I’ve checked in a fix, it will be included with our next release.

https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/commit/26b0169ae91dafe831e81d4cd3c9c0331e36c728

Hi Hillel.

I have updated EntityModel.php and QuoteController.php.

Now the user can only see the clients he created. Not others. So how can a new user create a quote to a client that he didn’t create?

Thank you

Br,
Dali

You can set the ‘View all …’ permission to enable users to see records they didn’t create.

We don’t support showing all clients but not all invoices, we may add it in a future release.

Thank you

I would really like that feature.

Br,
Dali