User Management | How to turn an 'Active' user to an 'Admin' user?

I have 4 users already created under one company, where 1 is labelled ‘Owner’ and the other 3 are labelled ‘Admin’; when I am creating the 5th one, the new user turned out to be under ‘Active’ status, and when this new user login, no data can be displayed. Anything did I miss here?

Is there a function that can turn an ‘Active’ user to become ‘Admin’ assuming Admin level will have the access right to data?

Jay

Are you using invoiceninja.com or self-hosting, if self-hosting which version?

I am using your web-based cloud service only.

Thanks for the info. I believe I see the problem, the user should now be an admin.

When you get a chance please check again.

Nice. All working fine now.

Jay

Great, thanks for letting us know!

Sorry another question,

how can I add an a new company to an existing admin user of another company?
I am using the multi-company feature, and created a new user (using a specific email address) for say COMPANY A; but I want to assign the same user to COMPANY B (also under the same Invoice Ninja account). I tried to create a new user at COMPANY B, but due to email address has been used (at COMPANY A), the system wouldn’t allow me.

Thank you in advance.

Jay

Sorry, we don’t support it. We require that an email address ties back to a single company.

A workaround we suggest is to use email aliases: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/12096?hl=en

Thank you again. You are so helpful.

Jay

Of course, any time.

>> Sorry, we don’t support it. We require that an email address ties back to a single company.

Is this a restriction put on the hosted version for some reason? Does this apply to the self-hosted app? Cant I have one user control 2 different companies?

This applies to all versions, it ensures we’re able to trace back an email address to a single company in our system.

A workaround is to use the same email address with an alias. ie, user+company1@gmail.com and user+company2@gmail.com.

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/12096?hl=en