Updated and now blank screen

Recurring invoices were not working so I used softlaculous to update to it’s latest 4.5.46 version. Now nothing comes up on screen, no login, no menu…just blank.

PHP =7.3

Error log shows:
[10-Nov-2021 16:27:56 UTC] PHP Warning: Class ‘Google_Service’ not found in /home/seeoff/public_html/ninja/vendor/google/apiclient-services/autoload.php on line 21
[10-Nov-2021 16:27:56 UTC] PHP Warning: Class ‘Google_Service_Resource’ not found in /home/seeoff/public_html/ninja/vendor/google/apiclient-services/autoload.php on line 21
[10-Nov-2021 16:27:56 UTC] PHP Warning: Class ‘Google_Model’ not found in /home/seeoff/public_html/ninja/vendor/google/apiclient-services/autoload.php on line 21
[10-Nov-2021 16:27:56 UTC] PHP Warning: Class ‘Google_Collection’ not found in /home/seeoff/public_html/ninja/vendor/google/apiclient-services/autoload.php on line 21

any help would be appreciated.

Hi,

Are there any errors in the web server error logs?

None that I can see.

Sorry, without error details it’s hard to help

In general a blank screen is usually related to permissions.

permissions are for folders like public 0755 most files 0644

You may want to try setting up a clean install of v4 and then copy over the database and .env file.

was just going to try restoring my monthly backup first. If that doesn’t work I’ll try a fresh install. But I think my version of softlaculous will only install the newest version. So version 5.3.29

In that case you may want to to manually setup a v4 install.

https://docs.invoiceninja.com/install.html

Restore worked so I can get back in now. I think I want to migrate to version 5 since my server is otherwise on PHP 7.4+

Glad to hear it!

FYI… the latest v4 now supports PHP 7.4

In case someone has the white screen problem after updating to v4.5.47: removing the old .env and reconfiguring .env.example helped in my case.

There seems to be a an old var that breaks the latest version. I did not get deeper into this because i only needed to upgrade as a preparation for migration to v5