Update v5.6.28 fails: ⚠ Failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

So hi guys @hillel @david :smiley:

FYI: I 've attempted to run the update bug it first just failed with the notice “Server Error” in the popup.

Looking into the website logs reveals that the server is generating a 500 error:

So I then enabled debugging in InvoiceNinja and PHP error reporting and i produced this outcome:
video_01

The full error message:

So it seems that there is an error on the InvoiceNinja Github repository and that the update package/.zip file is missing there or is this something else?

Thanks in advance for the help! :facepunch:
Kind regards

Hi,

Is it possible you’ve made any manual changes to the files?

You can run git diff to check and git checkout . to erase the changes.

Hi Hillel.
Thanks for your reply.

Nope, I have changed nothing manually or tampered with the code.

We did have this issue before a few versions back:

Where we could not update and ended with running a forced update. But after that everything has been working excellently including updates. We have at least ran 5-6 version updates since then flawlessly.
Not so this time obviously.

Kind regards

So I figured I would try and test and manually download the .tar file in the Brave browser and this happened:
URL: https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/releases/download/v5.6.29/invoiceninja.tar
video_03
and as you can see it also ends in a 404 error; just like on our server.

Thoughts @hillel ? :thinking:

Thanks in advance.

@david do you have any ideas?

there is no tar file on github… no file, no download :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, we’ll look into it

2 Likes

Hello all,

again such an error with updates?
I think slowly you should really introduce a proper quality control here. Rather less updates but properly tested and tested and especially the downloads then available.

Yes of course you can now install the manual update version again, but that should not happen.
So how long can we wait for the fixing?

Best regards

Hi :smiley:

So I just wonder if this been fixed yet? :thinking:

Kind regards

It looks like the assets are there now:

Awesome!
The update process is now working too!

Thank you so much! :facepunch:
Kind regards

1 Like

Glad to hear it, thanks for the update!