Update issue v5.3.10

Hi there,

just pressed the update button going from v5.3.9 to v5.3.10. Now “php artisan optimize” gives me

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Illuminate\Foundation\Application::configureMonologUsing() in /var/www/in/v5.3.9/bootstrap/app.php:61
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/in/v5.3.9/artisan(18): require_once()
#1 {main}
thrown in /var/www/in/v5.3.9/bootstrap/app.php on line 61

“composer install” throws

Installing dependencies from lock file (including require-dev)
Verifying lock file contents can be installed on current platform.
Your lock file does not contain a compatible set of packages. Please run composer update.

Problem 1
- mpdf/mpdf is locked to version v7.1.7 and an update of this package was not requested.
- mpdf/mpdf v7.1.7 requires php ^5.6 || ~7.0.0 || ~7.1.0 || ~7.2.0 || ~7.3.0 → your php version (7.4.3) does not satisfy that requirement.

and “composer update”

Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
- Root composer.json requires mpdf/mpdf 7.1.7 → satisfiable by mpdf/mpdf[v7.1.7].
- mpdf/mpdf v7.1.7 requires php ^5.6 || ~7.0.0 || ~7.1.0 || ~7.2.0 || ~7.3.0 → your php version (7.4.3) does not satisfy that requirement.
Problem 2
- Root composer.json requires turbo124/framework 5.5.51 → satisfiable by turbo124/framework[v5.5.51].
- websight/l5-google-cloud-storage dev-master requires illuminate/support ~5.0.17|5.1.|5.2.|5.3.|5.4. → satisfiable by illuminate/support[v5.0.22, …, 5.4.x-dev].
- Only one of these can be installed: laravel/framework[v5.5.0, …, 5.5.x-dev], illuminate/support[dev-master, v4.0.0-BETA2, …, 4.2.x-dev, v5.0.0, …, 5.8.x-dev, v6.0.0, …, 6.x-dev, v7.0.0, …, 7.x-dev, v8.0.0, …, 8.x-dev], turbo124/framework[v5.5.51]. [laravel/framework, turbo124/framework] replace illuminate/support and thus cannot coexist with it.
- Only one of these can be installed: laravel/framework[v5.5.0, …, 5.5.x-dev], illuminate/support[v5.2.43, …, v5.6.7], turbo124/framework[v5.5.51]. They all replace tightenco/collect and thus cannot coexist.
- Root composer.json requires websight/l5-google-cloud-storage dev-master → satisfiable by websight/l5-google-cloud-storage[dev-master].

Use the option --with-all-dependencies (-W) to allow upgrades, downgrades and removals for packages currently locked to specific versions.

I’m somewhat hesitant to use “-W”.

Suggestions?

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this!

cc @david

that is the v4 codebase not v5.

That was a clean unzip of v5.2.16 that went through a couple of in-app upgrades. No v4 at all.

Now, how do I get it fixed?

Im getting the same. After getting the following in the WebGui

FormatException: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

I tried, as I have done in the past, to download the 5.3.10 zip, backup my .env, upzip the 5.3.10 ontop of the current install. However when I run php optimize I am getting the

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Illuminate\Foundation\Application::configureMonologUsing() in /var/www/invoice-ninja/bootstrap/app.php:61Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/invoice-ninja/artisan(18): require_once()
#1 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/invoice-ninja/bootstrap/app.php on line 61

Same problem. Auto upgrade to 5.3.9 hosed my installation. Manual install of 5.3.10 threw this:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method Illuminate\Foundation\Application::configureMonologUsing() in /var/www/invoice-ninja/bootstrap/app.php:61Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/invoice-ninja/artisan(18): require_once()
#1 {main}
thrown in /var/www/invoice-ninja/bootstrap/app.php on line 61

Eventually wiped the whole lot and did a manual reinstall of 5.3.8, which is back to working as expected.

Something’s definitely gone wrong here…:slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know!

cc @david

Also had a critical error when updating to 5.3.10. Error message is the same as the ones posted above. Running the artisan optimize halts with PHP and other errors. My instance is a VM so I was able to roll back to an earlier snapshot from today.

I also encountered the FormatException: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data error as reported here. Invoice Ninja URL now loads as a blank page for me.

oh that’s the right message for me!

We think there may be a problem with the build, we’re working on a new release.

We’ve tagged a new release v5.3.11

if you’ve already updated you’ll need to overwrite with the full package. if you are still on v 5.3.9 you should be able to upgrade in place safely.

2 Likes

That worked fine for me. Although the release is identifying as 5.3.10 in both the UI and on github FYI.

Thanks, v5.3.12 is tagged correctly.