Update error from version 5.5.15 to 5.5.16

Update from version 5.5.15 to 5.5.16 over the webpage gives me this error:

FormatException: SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data

Using the Windows app:

FormatException: Unexpected end of input (at character 1)

^

Nothing in laravel.log

Hi,

It may help to increase the server’s PHP memory limit.

Thanks a lot, that worked!

Glad to hear it, can you share what you increased the limit from/to?

1 Like

Sure, php-fpm.ini was set to (default I guess?) 128MB and I changed that to 512MB. For reasons I do not understand, the „systemchecker“ (is it called that way in English?) always showed the php memory as green so I never bothered d to look into it.

Thanks for the info, we plan to adjust the health check.

Sorry to re-awaken this old topic but I’m getting the same error when I try to update, now from 5.7.5 to 5.7.7 I have 768Mb as the PHP memory limit on Health Check - shouldn’t that be enough?

@david can you please advise?

@n03lm

I’m not sure of the root cause of this, and the variability between installation as to why this happens unfortunately.

In none of my environments have I been able to recreate it yet.

OK thanks, it has been happening for a few versions and I’ve just reverted back for following my own advice After Update from 5.3.10 to 5.3.15 I get 500:Server error on login - #29 by n03lm of upgrading by hand. I’ll pay more attention for next upgrade and see if I can find any error reports I can share.

Just tried to update from 5.7.8 to 5.7.11 same error

FormatException: Unexpected end of input (at character 1)

^

It may help to increase the server PHP memory limit

Laravel.log

[2023-09-09 23:30:03] production.INFO: updating currencies  
[2023-09-10 23:30:03] production.INFO: updating currencies  
[2023-09-11 23:30:03] production.INFO: updating currencies

Has no entry for the time I tried the update 13:18 BST 2023-09-12
If there is anything I can try to help pin point the error willing to give it a go (for next upgrade) equally since you can’t reproduce can put up with command line upgrade preocess.