Unapplied payment

Hi,

The client has the card saved in the system. I open this portal and pay the invoice, which shows in stripe.com and in the Payments.

But it shows as UNAPPLIED and I am unable to apply it.

When I choose to apply payment, the correct invoice number automatically shows, but I click in apply and nothing happens. I mean, it receives the click, loads the page but there is no change.

I really need it sorted out ASAP. What can I do?

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this!

@david any ideas to debug this?

I would check the system logs tab in the dashboard to see what the message was from the gateway.

There is no error in the logs ( at least nothing I could see).

This is the situation.

I am having a similair issue, but when using credits. I go ahead and apply a credit to an invoice, but then the payment say unapplied, but the invoice shows paid.

How do I fix this?

1 Like

@xtekrepair

Can you give steps to reproduce this, i’ve attempted this locally and cannot recreate.

I had the same problem in the past. Major pain because when you try to apply the payment manually it did create another payment and made the accounting a mess.

I managed to get around by disabling the auto archive when paying the invoice. Since then I go to the invoice and archive it manually once it is paid.

I hope it helps.

I will try this. Thanks for the tip.

I just click on a credit and click ‘Apply credit’ then I select the invoice from the next screen and enter the amount apply in both sections.
After that this issue occurs. Just tried again in v5.3.44.

This is what I see when applying a credit to an invoice. Are you following the same steps?

The last part of the video where you select the invoice is what I am doing, but it just shows unapplied.
Tried now with v5.3.49-C73 and still showing unapplied.

Also tried with auto-archive turned off, and still shows unapplied.
I have to go into the database each time and enter the applied amount, then it shows applied.

I will send a video also.

I have auto archive invoices enabled and when applying a credit the payment still shows unapplied.

FYI I still having problems with this.

@david any thoughts on this?

Just a (very late) follow up.

The issue I had was that the credit wasn’t automatically applied to the invoices paid via credit card. Instead, it was archiving the invoices without applying the payment. Since then I had it disabled and I have been archiving them manually.

I have no idea if the issue persist, but it was like 1 year ago.

I am having this same issue. When I issue a credit to an account, it adds to the total of the amount the account has paid. It if is a credit, then the account never paid that amount and the total paid should not reflect that.

We are having a similar issue with Invoice Ninja v5.5.104-SC113

Occasionally, when we process a payment and then save the payment, it returns a server error. The payment then shows as unapplied.

If we then try to apply the payment to the same invoice it says it can’t apply the payment to the invoice because it is paid in full.

If we open a statement from the school that has one of those invoices it shows a payment of zero.

How do we clear this issue so that the payments are not showing as unapplied and everything is clear? We have been needing to delete things and start over with the payment to get them to clear.

Thank you.

Please check for details about the server error in storage/logs.