Unable to install Invoice V5 (v5.0.31-release) FTP

Can I install with composer by SSH?
With command I should use?

OK found how to install with composer.

Get where want install than wget https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/archive/v5.0.33-release.zip
unzip v5.0.33-release.zip
move files on main folder and than
composer update
composer install --no-dev -o

Works only if I have the .env backup or give 500 errorā€¦
Now tried to import and I see avatar but also if I removed all active recurring invoice from V4 still get error

[2020-12-05 20:42:23] production.INFO: Importing users  
[2020-12-05 20:42:23] production.INFO: Importing payment_terms  
[2020-12-05 20:42:23] production.INFO: Importing tax_rates  
[2020-12-05 20:42:23] production.INFO: Importing clients  
[2020-12-05 20:42:24] production.INFO: Importing vendors  
[2020-12-05 20:42:24] production.INFO: Importing projects  
[2020-12-05 20:42:24] production.INFO: Importing products  
[2020-12-05 20:42:24] production.INFO: Importing credits  
[2020-12-05 20:42:24] production.INFO: Importing invoices  
[2020-12-05 20:42:28] production.INFO: Importing recurring_invoices  
[2020-12-05 20:42:29] production.INFO: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'status_id' cannot be null (SQL: insert into `recurring_invoices` (`status_id`, `discount`, `is_amount_discount`, `po_number`, `number`, `footer`, `terms`, `public_notes`, `private_notes`, `date`, `due_date`, `partial_due_date`, `is_deleted`, `line_items`, `tax_name1`, `tax_rate1`, `tax_name2`, `tax_rate2`, `custom_value1`, `custom_value2`, `custom_value3`, `custom_value4`, `amount`, `balance`, `partial`, `user_id`, `company_id`, `frequency_id`, `last_sent_date`, `next_send_date`, `remaining_cycles`, `uses_inclusive_taxes`, `client_id`, `design_id`, `tax_name3`, `tax_rate3`, `created_at`, `updated_at`, `deleted_at`, `due_date_days`) values (?, 0.00, 0, , , , , , , 2019-10-01, 1998-01-05, ?, 1, [{"quantity":1,"cost":800,"product_key":"Locazione Abitativa San Maurizio Fraz Ceretta","notes":"Affitto Immobile Abitativo","discount":0,"tax_name1":"","tax_rate1":0,"tax_name2":"","tax_rate2":0,"tax_name3":"","tax_rate3":0,"date":"2019-11-05","custom_value1":"","custom_value2":"","type_id":"1","is_amount_discount":false,"sort_id":"0","line_total":0,"custom_value3":"","custom_value4":""},{"quantity":1,"cost":180,"product_key":"Spese","notes":"Spese","discount":0,"tax_name1":"","tax_rate1":0,"tax_name2":"","tax_rate2":0,"tax_name3":"","tax_rate3":0,"date":"2019-11-05","custom_value1":"","custom_value2":"","type_id":"1","is_amount_discount":false,"sort_id":"0","line_total":0,"custom_value3":"","custom_value4":""}], , 0.000, , 0.000, 0.00, 0.00, , , 980.00, 980.00, 0.00, 1, 2, 5, 2019-10-01, 2019-11-01, 23, 0, 3, 9, , 0, 2019-10-01 00:00:00.000000, 2019-11-05 00:00:00.000000, 2019-11-05, 05))  

Any suggestion for solve this?
I deleted all recurring invoice but I still see as deleted record in V4 and cannot delete more from the web interface. I donā€™t see anymore the error but also I donā€™t see any data imported now.

I paster again hours and hours on trying to resolve but nothing.

1. Wizard when I point to invoice.domain.ext/setup say error to PDF test, Database test, mail testā€¦ also if submitting setup correctly the application.
  2. Test email is not sent also verification email is not sent also if I set all SMTP data correctly.
  3. Import still give error mentioned in other previous message so Iā€™M unable to migrate to V5
  4. For me also auto-update integrated on V5 never works. Maybe if we can understand why V5 has so many issues and defectā€¦ I tried to install with composer, FTP, etc. Error and issue are still the same.

Now I have no idea on how to resolve the issue.
Often I delete everything I ask to import and see only the Untitled company duplicated and nothing imported. Why? Donā€™t know. When 1 of 100 Iā€™m able to see things imported the import is incomplete and I get in the log the SQL error.

I think I will start to migrate all manually or the other option is to leave the software.
As soon as I can I will also send a small video on how V5 make browser frozen or not working or just not load. Tested with Edge and Firefox.

The V5 seems nice but was is not nice is to be unable to migrate. What to do if there are a lot of invoices, clients and expense to migrate?

V5 software has loading issue, update issue and also migrating issues.
Old Invoice never support PHP 7.4 so is quite time to migrate as Iā€™m blocked to use PHP 7.4 just only by InoiceNinja

Sorry youā€™re having so much trouble! v5 isnā€™t yet stable, you may want to wait a few weeks/months and try again.

Iā€™m the main developer of the Admin Portal (the part locking up in Firefox), if you can answer the questions I asked earlier I can try to provide more help.

1 Like

Iā€™m migrating manually as I donā€™t see how my mysql error can be resolved.
Also why the setup Wizard give errors on PDF test, Database test, email not sent.
Seems V5 is not sending email, sometimes yes and sometimes not.

About Firefox all work fine as in the demo but I donā€™t know some actions not clear to me see the software goes in TILT not only on Firefox but also Edge that is Chrome based.

bad browser support invoicev5

Thanks for the video!

• What operating system are you using?

• Which mysql error are you referring to?

Iā€™M on Windows 10 Pro 20H2

Which mysql error are you referring to?

The error that doesnā€™t let me migrate and now I have to do all long job manually.
The error showed in the log

[2020-12-05 20:42:29] production.INFO: SQLSTATE[23000]: Integrity constraint violation: 1048 Column 'status_id' cannot be null (SQL: insert into `recurring_invoices` (`status_id`, `discount`, `is_amount_discount`, `po_number`, `number`, `footer`, `terms`, `public_notes`, `private_notes`, `date`, `due_date`, `partial_due_date`, `is_deleted`, `line_items`, `tax_name1`, `tax_rate1`, `tax_name2`, `tax_rate2`, `custom_value1`, `custom_value2`, `custom_value3`, `custom_value4`, `amount`, `balance`, `partial`, `user_id`, `company_id`, `frequency_id`, `last_sent_date`, `next_send_date`, `remaining_cycles`, `uses_inclusive_taxes`, `client_id`, `design_id`, `tax_name3`, `tax_rate3`, `created_at`, `updated_at`, `deleted_at`, `due_date_days`) values (?, 0.00, 0, , , , , , , 2019-10-01, 1998-01-05, ?, 1, [{"quantity":1,"cost":800,"product_key":"Locazione Abitativa San Maurizio Fraz Ceretta","notes":"Affitto Immobile Abitativo","discount":0,"tax_name1":"","tax_rate1":0,"tax_name2":"","tax_rate2":0,"tax_name3":"","tax_rate3":0,"date":"2019-11-05","custom_value1":"","custom_value2":"","type_id":"1","is_amount_discount":false,"sort_id":"0","line_total":0,"custom_value3":"","custom_value4":""},{"quantity":1,"cost":180,"product_key":"Spese","notes":"Spese","discount":0,"tax_name1":"","tax_rate1":0,"tax_name2":"","tax_rate2":0,"tax_name3":"","tax_rate3":0,"date":"2019-11-05","custom_value1":"","custom_value2":"","type_id":"1","is_amount_discount":false,"sort_id":"0","line_total":0,"custom_value3":"","custom_value4":""}], , 0.000, , 0.000, 0.00, 0.00, , , 980.00, 980.00, 0.00, 1, 2, 5, 2019-10-01, 2019-11-01, 23, 0, 3, 9, , 0, 2019-10-01 00:00:00.000000, 2019-11-05 00:00:00.000000, 2019-11-05, 05))  

Iā€™M working migrating all data manually will take days.

I wouldnā€™t suggest doing that.

Have you tried marking the recurring invoice as deleted?

Yes I tried, same issue.
Consider the fact Iā€™m unable to do the migration is not the only one issue.

I like the new interface of V5 but there are a lot of issue starting from the setup Wizard.
The only way I can migrate to PHP 7.4 is work hard this day and manually migrate. I will never resolve the migration issue.

Email in V5 for me doesnā€™t work as well but I donā€™t need. If I forget password no email is sent but I see I can get the link in the log. Maybe V5 will be better in future, I donā€™t know. Is surprising there is no email section in the UI that allow test and set email correctly. Iā€™m sure settings of my email are correct and if is not not getting any error, donā€™t have a test email after the initial setup broken that give error on test database, email, PDF, etc

Finally I migrated manually to V5 and migrated also to PHP 7.4 my server.
Removed V4

InvoiceNinja V5 is nice but really works bad with browser maybe seems work better with Chrome not fully with Edge and very bad with Firefox.

Many unresolved issues: mail not work, wizard setup not work, auto-update not workā€¦
Hoover I must decide to try to still use InvoiceNinja V5 or just leave completely from all.

Maybe I will not disturb any more here ā€¦ finally I was not able to get a fix for migration and for all other issues. I hope will help as feedback but I think it will be not because if I see all this issue assuming you have not experienced all this issues on your side so I think no improvement or fix will be made.

Now next time I will have issue is when you update the software, for me will be little bit hard upgrade as InvoiceNinja is not upgrading on my serverā€¦ one of the numerous errors.

Thanks anyway.
Have a greet week and thanks for try to help.

I hope for some year you will not exit with a new V 6 that need another migration like this one. Terribile migration experience not only migration but V4 works better: emails was working on V4, V4 was not froze in browser, never had issues with Firefox, etc. Able to upgrade by Softacolous control panel.

When V5 will be stable maybe I will be able to upgrade from Softacolous.

Update 06 Dec 2020 17:46 resolved with email not sent: the setup wizard never save smtp but still keep log in .env file so really need change this by FTP and mail works.

What is not working for me seems to be the secret key: also if is more than 8 character with numbers and a up letter the error say need up letter. I will never use the secret code.

For help you to improve I report some issues: https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/issues/4436 not all of this discussion but a small part.

Hey there, thanks for the feedback, Iā€™d like to address some stuff.

First of all, the browser ā€œissuesā€. On the frontend, weā€™re using Flutter web, which at the moment is in beta (https://flutter.dev/web). Flutter itself is a new technology, especially on the web. Itā€™s made by Google, so it does make more sense that it works better on Chrome & Chromium-based browsers. Thereā€™s not a lot we can do there.

When it comes to stuff related to Invoice Ninja, like migration, we just started massively testing our app, v5 itself is in beta and we expect v5 to be fully stable in Q2 of 2021.

Thanks once again for honest feedback & we hope youā€™ll like our further updates.

1 Like

@ben and @hillel and also @TechnicallyComputers thank you very much for your help!
Stay safe and have a magic December!

2 Likes

thanks also to you @david