Trouble with self hosted site - mod_rewrite not working

I’ll do that. Once I’ve done so, what’s the best way to make sure I can import my data from my old DB?

Once you have configured your v5 installation, you can point it to the existing v5 DB by changing the database variables in the .env file.

Alright, I’ve got an empty install working! No errors on login. Now, I’ve imported my old DB as “ninja2021”, granted all privileges to the ninja user. Then I went into my live .env file, changed my DB_DATABASE line to “ninja2021” and my APP_KEY to the old one (Commenting out the new one)

Now I try to log in with my old username and password: HTTP500. Nothing showing in laravel.log.

Alright, update time: I have basically abandoned the idea of transferring my data from the old installation. I’ve been working on it for a week and I’ll just manually write it out.

I’ve only got one problem left: I’ve been able to get my installation to update to PHP8.0 and snappdf for local PDF generation: but now it wont email the invoices. It times out after a minute, and then I get an error in laravel.log:

[previous exception] [object] (League\Flysystem\FileNotFoundException(code: 0): File not found at path: sMbphtFbdzzbQQb2MupPBNq5uV1T2tnn/Kw9nMhMSGOK8NtltgWfdOuccyruizHJPloHdLihz/p5gUL0yu>
[stacktrace]
#0 /var/www/invoiceninja/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Filesystem.php(180): League\Flysystem\Filesystem->assertPresent()
#1 /var/www/invoiceninja/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Filesystem/FilesystemAdapter.php(169): League\Flysystem\Filesystem->read()
#2 /var/www/invoiceninja/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Filesystem/FilesystemManager.php(411): Illuminate\Filesystem\FilesystemAdapter->get()
#3 /var/www/invoiceninja/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Support/Facades/Facade.php(261): Illuminate\Filesystem\FilesystemManager->__call()
#4 /var/www/invoiceninja/app/Http/Controllers/InvoiceController.php(841): Illuminate\Support\Facades\Facade::__callStatic()
#5 /var/www/invoiceninja/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/StreamedResponse.php(109): App\Http\Controllers\InvoiceController->App\Http\Controllers\{closure}()
#6 /var/www/invoiceninja/vendor/symfony/http-foundation/Response.php(394): Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\StreamedResponse->sendContent()
#7 /var/www/invoiceninja/public/index.php(61): Symfony\Component\HttpFoundation\Response->send()
#8 {main}

I can’t find anything about email and “file not found” in the forums.

@adrianoftyriel

Can you try re-uploading your logo, i think this is the most likely issue.

@david That’s a no go. I get the same error.

@david upon closer inspection of the error, it looks like it’s failing to add the .pdf to the email. Below is the last part of the error:

…IoryY6Us4FQ4N34Li8s9rSN4/invoices/202203-0001.pdf at /var/www/invoiceninja/vendor/league/flysystem/src/Filesystem.php:390)

@david @hillel

It sounded to me like it could be a permissions issue, so I reset everything to 755 for www-data in the invoiceninja folder, ran artisan optimize as www-data, and still get the same error.

Any other thoughts on this?

Since this is really a different issue, I’m going to call this one closed and open a new thread.