Transfer White Label License

Hello,

I just purchased the White Label license and want to know if I need to do anything to transfer it.

We are moving our Invoice Ninja installation from subdomain.domain-A.com to subdomain.domain-B.com.

Do I just install the license key, or is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks,
John

If you move the app database using the mysqldump then the license will be transferred with it.

We have already moved everything via JSON export / import.

Will adding the license key to the new installation break anything?

If you email us at contact@invoiceninja.com we can send you your license key.

The JSON transfer is designed for people switching to/from the hosted version, if you can use mysqldump it’s much better.

I still have the email with my license key, unless it has changed.

Will moving the installation break our Stripe installation/setup?

Will Stripe transactions fail coming from the new URL?

Great, then you should be able to reapply the license manually

If the domain has changed and you’re using Stripe webhooks you’ll need to update the endpoint

We are not using Stripe web hooks. No endpoints have been setup.

One last question: When we did the JSON export / import it looks like the client activity did not import. Would this have been done if we did the database dump and import?

Yes, using mysqldump includes all data/the JSON transfer does not

I did the database (MySQL) dump from the old location and imported it into the new location and we see several issues:

• The company logos were absent (not really critical, we can re-install them)
  • We see "Whoops, looks like something went wrong when clicking on a client name in the clients tab.

Bump

Are there any details about the error in storage/logs/laravel-error.log

I found a bunch of these. I have changed the IP address to nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn and the domain name to domain_name and the user info to first_name last_name:

[2020-05-18 18:52:34] production.ERROR: Illuminate\Contracts\Encryption\DecryptException [0] : /var/www/vhosts/domain_name.com/account.domain_name.com/vendor/laravel/framework/src/Illuminate/Encryption/Encrypter.php [Line 195] => The MAC is invalid. {"context":"PHP","user_id":2,"account_id":2,"user_name":"first_name last_name","method":"GET","user_agent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_14_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/13.1 Safari/605.1.15","locale":"en","ip":"nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn","count":4,"is_console":"no","is_api":"no","db_server":"mysql","url":"clients/3"} []

Did you copy over the original .env file? This error can occur if the value of APP_KEY is changed.

No, I did not copy over the original .env file. I did not see that mentioned to do. I will try it again and copy the .env file.

Cool, that eliminated the Whoops, looks like something went wrong" error message but there is another issue: When I click on a client and then “View in Portal” I am re-directed to the old domain.

EDIT: I just reviewed the .env file and there is a line:

APP_URL=https://billing.domain_name.com

Could this be the issue?

Yes, it needs to be updated

Excellent! I have changed it and so far I cannot see any errors. Is there anything else you would recommend I look for, or change?

Not unless you see any problems…

So far so good.

I want to thank you for helping me out with this. I was hoping I could begin using the new domain for June and now it looks like I can.

Thanks again!