Totally screwed up a good thing

Sorry to be a party pooper but honesty in the interest of progress invoice ninja has been broken on so many levels in V5.

The question is why fix something that worked so well in favour of a buggy new one.

It was painful installing and setting up, we could not move our data and after getting everything working we now can’t login to the app suddenly!

Are you asking for assistance or just making a statement?

Both - locked out without reason after so much effort.

If you’re looking for assistance, you’ll need to kindly provide more information. Otherwise, this seems like a complaint more than anything else.

Can’t login - server error being displayed - are there logs I can look at? I have ssh access

Yes. The first place to start is by looking in storage/logs/laravel.log. You can also temporarily enable debug mode in your .env file. Some users find the latter does provide information and others see nothing. But if you have ssh access, please start by looking at your laravel.log and sharing what you see there.

If there is a lot to share, please use the code block in the reply editor or attentively, use three back ticks to start and end the section. It makes it easier to read.

ok - found the issue in the laravel.log with chatGPT to the rescue.

production.ERROR: fopen(/var/www/html/ninja/storage/framework/cache/data/ac/ac/acace746aba0910583cdd0d39bf52f9740425b1c): Failed to open stream: Permission denied

File and directory permissions were set correctly on initial install and for some reason permissions changed.

Since resetting all permissions I am able to login again. Will update if this changes in the future.

I do have a question regarding cron - the invoice reminders seem to be flaky - can you state the cron jobs that need to be set up ie format to ensure invoice reminders work correctly.

I don’t understand your cron question, can you please explain what you mean?

Are these the correct format and cron jobs to ensure reminders work properly?

• php /var/www/html/ninja/artisan schedule:run >> /dev/null 2>&1
          • php /var/www/html/ninja/artisan ninja:send-invoice
          • php /var/www/html/ninja/artisan ninja:send-reminders >> /dev/null 2>&1

I believe you should only need schedule:run.

Note: the cron should be configured to run every minute.

Thanks running every minute.