Taxes not displayed for custom fields

v5.8.51-W157

I have the following tax settings and “charge taxes” is ticked for a custom field.

However, when creating an invoice, the tax amount for the custom field is not displayed.

I assume this is because I have Invoice Item Tax rates enabled instead of Invoice Tax rates and the custom field is not being included.

Is there any way to display the tax rate for the custom field the way I’m wanting, or is this a bug?

The total is correct as I have chosen inclusive taxes, however I want the GST charged to include and reflect the GST included in the surcharge (custom field).

Hi,

I think you’d need to enable both invoice and invoice item tax rates.

That doesn’t display as I want either. See I have added a $5 surcharge, it should be 0.45c GST for the surcharge (custom field, based on 10% GST) but it shows $5 because it it’s calculated the line items GST of $4.55 plus the 0.45c for the custom field tax.

Ultimately I’m wanting it to tally the GST for the line items, and show a separate GST for the custom field. I can make this work if I display the surcharge as a line item, but I’m wanting to do this with a custom field.

@david can you please advise?

is this a custom field, or a surcharge field?

It’s a surcharge field under Custom Fields > Invoices > Surcharge Field

@hillel @kylegp

One of the problems here is that the surcharge uses only the invoice level taxes (not the line item taxes) that have been configured on the invoice.

I can see here you have line item taxes, and no invoice level taxes?