TAX Rounding for Switzerland not correct

I use v5.3.49-C73.

In most countries, invoices are issued for services or products, which, for example, are settled precisely in the Eurozone countries. For instance, you would pay €1.09 for 1 liter of milk in a supermarket in Austria. However, things are different in Switzerland.

There, a process called Rappen rounding is used. If you were to buy 1 liter of milk in Switzerland, the amount of 1.09 Swiss Francs would be rounded up to 1.10.

In the Screenshot Example the Tax “MwSt. 7.7%” should be rounded to CHF 40.45 and the Total “Gesamt” should be CHF 566.05

How can i accomplish this?

Kind regards

Hi,

One option may be to add a custom surcharge called tax and manually set the correct amount.

Feel free to create an issue here to request support for this:

@typob

I am implementing this now. Just a general question. Would all payments be considered rounded to the nearest 5 also? ie. would the system need to ensure that all payments entered (and received) are also rappen rounded?

Hi David,

I think, the label for this setting is missing. Right now it is simply called “enable_rappen_rounding”. I tried both english ans german.

Thanks,
Gijs

Hi,

I didn’t know that we had this option, but I just went to look for it and the “enable_rappen_rounding” doesn’t exist in my app. I have the v5.8.46-W156 version. Did you made some custom ajustements to have that?

Thanks

The screenshot is from the React app, it will be included in the next version of the Flutter app.

1 Like

Okay.

Thanks @hillel !

Hi @david,

Yes, in Swizerland every invoice and payment are rounded to 5 cents.