Tasks not visible in the client portal

Hey there, I’ve added this to my backlog, will update you once there’s some progress :+1:

Hi @david, hi @ben

Thanks for the quick response. For me personally the dashboard in V4 already has everything I can think of. I like the option for the clients to view/download a statement. All inportant numbers and links are displayed on the dashboard or in the top navigation.

I personally don’t need any graphs and year over year comparsions. Of course I like this kind of information in the backend but I don’t see the needs for it on the client portal.

For the tasks view I would suggest to create a table similar to the invoices table that is already available. It would be nice when the status (running, logged and invoiced) is being displayed and even better when a client can filter the status like a client can filter invoices.

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:
Gijs

2 Likes

Hi,

is there already a gthub issues existing for this feature request? I couldn’t find one.

Thanks,
Gijs

This is in my backlog & it should come into the work stage soon, thanks :+1:

1 Like

Hi @ben

I have just tested the tasks in the client portal. Right now it displays Description, Status and Duration.

1. If a taks was assigned to a project, then the project name is not being displayed in the client portal. Can this be changed some where?

2. How do I determine which tasks are being displayed? Right now it only displays invoiced tasks and I can’t find a setting for it.

I would like to show the taks that have not been invoiced.

Also the status in the backend changed from “done” to “invoiced” but in the client portal it still shows “done”. A filter in that view would be perfect.

I would like to show my clients all tracked times at the specific tasks that are not yet invoiced so that a client is aware of what will be billed this month. Once the invoice has sent out, the tasks is listed on the invoice and in that case I would like to have it disappeared from the tasks view in the client portal or at least being able to filter.

Thanks,
Gijs

Thanks for reaching us @ecomsilio .
In the current code, we only show the tasks that have been invoiced, indeed.

1. If a taks was assigned to a project, then the project name is not being displayed in the client portal. Can this be changed some where?

Sure, I added this to the backlog.

1. How do I determine which tasks are being displayed? Right now it only displays invoiced tasks and I can’t find a setting for it.

@david @hillel should we display tasks that aren’t invoiced?

1 Like

Adding a setting sounds good to me

1 Like

@hillel @ben

So we add a setting show_all_tasks_client_portal

which toggles whether ALL tasks are displayed, or only those that have been invoiced. correct?

2 Likes

Idealy 3 Options:

• all
  • only invoiced
  • all but invoiced

In my case I would like to give my customers an overview of tasks that will be invoiced with the next invoice. As soon as the tasks are invoiced, the list should be cleaned up.

When we then do again some work for the customer, a new task will appear so that the customer can see what to expect with the next invoice.

Many thanks,
Gijs

1 Like

@ecomsilio so ‘show_all_tasks_client_portal’ would be a good fit for you?

1 Like

Hi @ben

In my case I would love to see an option “show_tasks_not_invoiced_(yet)_client_portal”.

Or if the client can filter the status (backlog, ready to do, in progress, done, invoiced etc.) in the client portal, than I would love to be able to set a deafult filter. In my case “all excl. invoiced”.

Thanks a lot,
Gijs

Thanks for the feedback! We plan to support this…

1 Like

Hey @ecomsilio,

This just landed into v5-develop. You should be able to choose between invoiced, uninvoiced, or all.

1 Like

Hi @ben,

thanks for the filter. This is a huge help for us.

I will enter the date at the start if the description as I would like to give my clients the option to see the dates. I guess it is not possible to show the date in the table as it comes from another db table (time log) and each task can have multiple time logs on multiple days.

But maybe fot the future you could add something like this:

Many thanks and have a nice weekend,
Gijs

1 Like

This looks good to me. @david @hillel thoughts?

2 Likes

It looks good to me as well

1 Like

looks good!!!

1 Like

Hey @ecomsilio , do you mind creating a feature request for this on GitHub? Thanks.

1 Like

Added: Show time logs for tasks in the client portal · Issue #6261 · invoiceninja/invoiceninja · GitHub

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

This feature is implemented ? Because I can’t see it. I use the last version of self-hosted.

Thanks