Stripe Bank Transfer missing

Hi,

Even when enabling the bank transfer option of the Stripe payment gateway the option is not displayed to clients.
My clients are all UK based

Any ideas on what I’m missing?

Screenshot 2022-06-18 at 01.47.06

@danieljcooper

I believe we only support US ACH bank transfers with Stripe, I’ll look into whether we can open this up to other regions now.

Thanks David. Would be fantastic if you could support it for UK customers also :grinning:

implementation of Stripe’s BECS support for Australia would be great too.

@liqfx

This is already available, you just need to enable it

@david Did you ever get the chance to look into this for UK customers?

@danieljcooper

Not yet sorry.

As this is a Stripe gateway the bulk of our users rely on this, so we need to do a painful amount of testing to ensure we don’t break anything.

It is on our list thou!

Great to hear! (another UK user here). Is there an issue open that I can follow, or would it help if I created one?

I admit I just spent some time digging through the source code to figure out why enabling “bank transfer” was not enough. It looks like the “direct debit” actually gets close to what is required, but a direct debit is a whole different thing from the customer perspective. The dev docs for UK-style bank transfers in Stripe are here: Accept a bank transfer | Stripe Documentation

@MattJ

It may just be a naming convention we’ve had to use, I believe this is the Bank Transfer method you may be looking for thou?

Actually, reading the code again I think you might be right. The ‘DIRECT_DEBIT’ in the code threw me off, but that’s only part of the metadata. It looks like everything else matches with what Stripe expects.

I’ll try it out, thanks!