Sent email log - Online version

Hi,
First of all, my best wishes for everybody in the new year 2017, good health and a lot of happiness!

Is there a way to see what the automatic mail system has actually sent out? Or the specific trigger that made the system send out an email?

For example, when an invoice is sent by me i receive an e-mail that the invoice has been sent out. When that invoice expires and goes over due the system also sends an automatic reminder mail to my customer. I also get a message of this action but both mails are identically the same: “invoice has been sent”

It would be nice if i would be able to put myself in BCC of the automatic reminders so i can keep record of which reminder has been sent out to the customer and also have those emails as proof that i have actually sent them the reminders.

Kind regards
Ken S.

Thanks, these are good suggestions.

We’ll consider them for a future release.

So at this moment there is no possibility to see the difference between a sent invoice mail and a sent reminder mail? Even the log location on the dashboard always states that the invoice has been sent even when it has actually sent out a reminder mail.

Thank you for your reply and considering these change in a future release.
Kind regards
Ken S.

I’m not aware of a way to see the difference.

Ok thanks for the quick responses, i’ll wait for the change to appear.

Kind regards!
Ken S.

Hi,

I’ve seen on the “Feature roadmap” that you’ve added the “Set BCC email address” functionality in Version 3.0 which is really great that you’ve built this in on such a short time span! Thanks!

I don’t seem able to find the option on the website though and i can’t really see on which version my user is running on the website. Could you give some more info on where the option is and when versions are made available to the public?

Thank you!
Kind regards
Ken S.

v3.0 was just released to self-hosters, it should be available on invoiceninja.com in a few weeks.

The setting will be on /settings/email_settings

Ok good to know, i’ll keep in mind that as soon as a new version appears on Trello, the website should follow in a few weeks. Thanks for your fast reply and new features!

Kind regards
Ken S.