Selfhosted InvoiveNinja 4.5.14 can't upgrade to 4.5.50 pre v5 upgrade

I had an issue where I lost my 2fa token and to reset the mysql db I had to revert back to a v4 build… I don’t recall why, but the reset options weren’t working when I was updated to v5.

I rolled back system to a snapshot to my last v4 saved. At this point i was able to reset the 2fa. Then I forgot about it and it had since auto purged old snapshots, old being the v5 snapshots. Now I’m having an issue updating to v4.5.50 to run the upgrade process. When I extract the ninja-v4.5.50.zip file over my /var/www/html/invoiceninja it appears to work, I reboot. and log in and it’s still 4.5.14.

Kind of scratching my head here.

Seems like a bad time to learn docker as in theory it seems like it would be easier to just deploy a 4.5.50 container to import my info and do an export for v5, but again I don’t know docker.

I’ve already spun up a v5 system on Digital Ocean to import, and then spit out a v5 backup for a final deployment back on v5.

Long short, any suggestion for getting around not being able to upgrade my current 4.5.14 system to 4.5.50?

Hi,

I’m not sure if Docker is an option for v4.5.50.

I suggest setting up a new v4 install and then copying over the database using mysqldump and the .env file.

I was thinking that may need to be my route. I’ve already grabbed the mysql dump and .env file.

After 4.5.50 install do I jsut copy the .env file into the invoiceninja dir

and just RESTORE DATABASE Database Name to the database name

Presumable a reboot

That’s correct

You’ll need to update the APP_URL value in the .env file