Safari on Big Sur won't open invoice page (4.5.18) and demo page

Hi,

i updated my mac to Big Sur 11.0.1 (20B29) and noticed, that Safari Version 14.0.1 (16610.2.11.51.8) hang, when i try to enter an invoice.

I am running 4.5.18. With Firefox and Chrome everything works as before, but Safari stuck.
I Also tried in the Demo Page online and got the same result. It seems to be s.th. with the pdf generation? The area of the pdf stays grey and nothing happens.

Am I the only one with this effect?

Hi,

Does disabling the live PDF preview on Settings > Account Management help?

Hi,

yes indeed. Disabling the PDF preview “solves” the problem. I can open the invoice tab again. So I think there is s.th. in the pdf generation/display addon, that safai do not “like” anymore.

is there another workaround or solution than disabling the pdf preview?

Sorry, not that I’m aware of

I’m also having this problem, and disabling the live invoice preview allowed me to use the app again.

Any idea what is causing this? And will there be a fix? The live invoice preview is great feature that I’m sorely missing now.

Sorry, I’m not sure what the problem here is.

You can use the “View in portal” link to preview the PDF.

Is there a solution to this yet? I’m not self-hosting. And I’m still just trying out Invoice Ninja. I’m really close to signing up, but most of the people that I invoice use macs, so the Safari not rendering the PDF is a problem. For me, links to the portal work fine, until I click on a link to view a PDF. Then I just get a gray area where the PDF should be. And then it lockups the entire page. Scrolling stops, none of the links across the to work. It seems to be only an issue with Safari in Big Sur. Disabling Live PDF Preview does not solve the problem for me.

Sorry, we don’t currently have a solution to the problem

One workaround is to use a different browser

Hi,

Will there be a solution though? None of our clients are able to view their invoices on Safari, which is still the world’s second most popular browser.

These links are also not working in Safari :frowning:

You may want to consider upgrading to v5

We would love to! We’re using the app though (not self-hosted). Is it possible to upgrade to v5 now if not self-hosting? If not, when will the app be updated?

We plan to release v5 to our hosted users later in the year.

So what are we to do in the meantime? Not being able to view PDF previews on our end is one thing, but clients not being able to view / pay invoices is another and much more serious. Why not just release a fix on the server-side?

Sorry, we don’t currently have a solution to the problem. We’d accept a pull request with a fix.

Disabling the Live PDF preview on Settings > Account Management still does not work, Safari just shows gray box, all other browsers are OK. I have MacOS BigSur 11.2 with Invoice Ninja v4.5.34 (self-hosted)

I had a few clients mention this as well saying our site “does not work”. Does this work on v5 for safari? Most of my clients run macs and likely use safari as well.

As a temp workaround, I just have their client dashboards mention to click Download button to get the pdf and preview does not work for Safari.

You can test v5 here: https://demo.invoiceninja.com

v5 looks good.

Where are the proposals??