Right side bar works with one company, unsure if works with another (self-host)

Hi,

I just upgraded from 2.7.2 -> 2.9.1

This is self-hosted, running two “companies”, and everything seems to work correctly, except one peculiarity.

When I go to one company, I see entries in the right side (client and an invoice). When I go to another company, it’s blank. This may be me not understanding what the right side bar is about, but the invoice shown isn’t outstanding, and in the company with a blank sidebar there is one invoice outstanding (unpaid). So I am quite confused as to what to expect, and whether this upgrade I did was correctly done. It sure seems like it was.

Please advise.

Okay, this may actually be working intended, but I found some more info.

When I logged into the account that owned the company that had a blank side-bar, it now showed content in the right side, and the OTHER company is blank now. This seems to suggest a permission constraint.

Is this working as intended? Do I need to grant access to side-bar stuff? Or is this an unintended bug?

Not exactly dying here.

I’m not sure, I’ll see if I can replicate the problem.

Just to clarify… the right sidebar shows the company history, if you view an invoice it should then appear at the top of the list.

I think I see the problem, I’ve checked in a fix:

https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/commit/e08a00112607d08eac4f87bf27c45188f38eacb4#diff-c5029386aa1bf4354877969e60a7540cL39

Are you sure we’re talking about the same thing?

Allow me to explain again, hopefully more clearly this time :slight_smile:

1. Company A

2. Company B

3. User A (owner of Company A)

4. User B (owner of Company B)

Both companies are linked.

I log into User B. The first page (Company B’s page) I see on the right side the activity history (the side bar that you can hide/show). I then click on the company pull-down list in the top right and go to Company A. Now, on Company A’s page I don’t see any entries in the activity history side bar.

I log into User A. The first page (Company A’s page) I see on the right side the activity history (the side bar that you can hide/show). I then click on the company pull-down list in the top right and go to Company B. Now, on Company B’s page I don’t see any entries in the activity history side bar.

Is this what you were experiencing/fixing too Hillel Coren? :slight_smile:

I’m not sure if this is an issue, or working as intended, but I saw no way to grant permissions to “correct” this.

Yes, I’m seeing this also. The app is only loading the history for the company you directly log into, not any of the linked companies.

Is that working as intended?

Currently it isn’t, with the fix it should work correctly.