Report: Export PDF -> Error: This site can’t be reached

Hello,

Trying export report in pdf, but it shows an error:

This site can’t be reached The webpage at https://invoice.my_domain.com/reports might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

CVS, XLSX, ZIP, download without problems, but export to pdf doesn’t work

This should be fixed in our next release.

https://github.com/invoiceninja/dockerfiles/issues/86

Hi,

Okay!
Thats great :slight_smile:

Hi,

Same problem here with PDF export function. Not fixed wet in V.4.5.8. Maybe in the next release.

Thank you!

Do you see any errors in the logs?

Throwing my issue into the ring, being the same one, when trying to export as PDF I get the error reported that ‘reports’ on the local server’s IP does not exist (I am self-hosted).
Worked last month-end in doing reports but this month the lovely recommended auto-upgrade script I put in place has come back to bite me.
There are no errors that produce in Apache itself but the internal ‘stacktrace.log’ shows 76 lines starting with:

2019-02-01 12:22:28 A non-numeric value encountered: #0 /u/www/ninja/vendor/dompdf/dompdf/include/table_cell_frame_reflower.cls.php(103): Illuminate\Foundation\Bootstrap\HandleExceptions->handleError(2, ‘A non-numeric v…’, ‘/u/www/ninja/ve…’, 103, Array)
#1 /u/www/ninja/vendor/dompdf/dompdf/include/frame_decorator.cls.php(711): Table_Cell_Frame_Reflower->reflow(NULL)
#2 /u/www/ninja/vendor/dompdf/dompdf/include/table_row_frame_reflower.cls.php(40): Frame_Decorator->reflow()

FYI:
CentOS 7.6.1810 (Core)
mariadb-libs-5.5.60-1.el7_5.x86_64
mariadb-5.5.60-1.el7_5.x86_64
mariadb-server-5.5.60-1.el7_5.x86_64
with php71 but also some php71w packages

I think I did the “php71w” release as a work-around at some point, but has run like this for over a year now… till today.

Everything else is running perfectly so until this is fixed I can’t really get legible PDF docs as part of my company tax reporting responsibilities (CSVs are great but love having both sitting there ready for the accounts or myself in the future).

I am ‘old school’ I.T/UNIX since 1987 so may go back to my ‘get it all working, don’t change anything afterwards’ approach.

Are you using the latest version of the app?

4.5.9 as per the provided update script. Not sure if downgrading is easy/recommended but thinking maybe I try this if month-end February reports still fail on PDFs.

Ok, we’ll keep working on it…

InvoiceNinja : 4.5.9
Debian GNU/Linux 9.7 (stretch)
Nginx : 1.10.3
MariaDB : 10.1.37

Maybe same problem with that message into laravel-error.log :

production.ERROR: ***ErrorException*** [0] : /var/www/ninja/vendor/dompdf/dompdf/include/text_frame_reflower.cls.php [Line 376] => Function create_function() is deprecated  {"context":"PHP","user_i
d":1,"account_id":1,"user_name":"Marc Schulthess","method":"POST","user_agent":"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:65.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/65.0","locale":"fr","ip":"194.230.158.120","count":1,"is_console":"
no","is_api":"no","db_server":"mysql","url":"reports"} []

Will the content of stacktrace.log be helpfull ?

Looks like the same issue, we’ll work on a fix for our next release…

Please note this issue persists with version 4.5.10 which I see auto-updated the other day. Please let me know what info or adjustments I need to do if you believe this should be fixed. I have made no further changes to my setup since reporting this issue, just left the automated update script running.
Many thanks in advance.

We’re going to be removing the PDF export feature in our next release, the library we’re using isn’t working correctly with all version of PHP. Once the underlying problem is fixed we’ll add the feature back.

https://github.com/Maatwebsite/Laravel-Excel/issues/758