React-Template-Editor: Cursor jumps at the end

Hey people,

when I’m using the template-editor of the React-web-app, sometimes the cursor suddenly jumps at the end of the editor. That’s a great candidate for bugging my code – as I am no developer or pro in developing or writing html- and css-code in general.

My IN is self-hosted on a docker-system (and updated nearly daily). Any quenstions about that are welcome if it helps.

Is this behavior know or is there a way to stop that?

Thanks a lot!

Schmitti

Hi,

@ben @david do you have any suggestions?

@Schmitti

This isn’t something I am able to recreate.

To help, can you advise the browser you are using, and if possible a short screencast showing the issue you are seeing please?

Hi, @david,

I’m using Firefox from the official Arch-Linux-repository with some privacy-extensions like NoScript or uBlock Origin.

As I believe the failure occurs sometimes when the editor makes a typing-suggestion and/or updates the pdf-preview but I just type along. Until now I could not force this behavior, but I’ll try.

Guess I’ll have to make a stream of it, right?

@Schmitti

I’m not sure, I wonder if it could be an extension (?spelling) that could be interfering inside the editor itself.

You could try disabling all extensions to see if that resolves the issue, but I have not seen this behavior in the editor and I do use it extensively.

@david
I tried it via Chromium, too. Same behavior. Yesterday it mostly happened when the editor makes a suggestion for or “data-ref”. But – whyever – it’s not forcable. It seems that the pdf-creating-process plays a role within, too.

However, within chromium I do not use any extension.

What I didn’t try is to use a Browser in Windows, as I generally do not use Windows for myself.