Questions about InvoiceNinja / Fragen zum InvoiceNinja

Good day,

I’ve been using InvoiceNinja since the weekend. An absolutely nice slim system but with a lot of features. TOP.

I now have a few questions about what has irritated me a little so far.

1. Can you set who can see what in the web interface?
    I have created several companies. Because I run several websites. At every company I also have corresponding colleagues who, for example, are not allowed to switch between companies. Can you set it somewhere who is allowed to see which companies and who is not?
    Employee A can only see Company 1 and an employee can only see Company B. Company 1 and 2 see. Is that possible?

2. Then I saw that the system can also be used for unbranding. I introduced this to myself and paid the 30USD for a year. Works great. Can you e.g. because before Facebook, Twitter etc. were faded in in the lower area somehow do this so that you can for example. can set your own links? For example with imprint, contact, terms and conditions, data protection, etc.?

3. I installed the system via Cloudron, it works great. I read that there is already a version 5 stable? Will this also be offered promptly in the Cloudron as version 5 or only version 4?

4. I read somewhere that you can also run a kind of ticket system between employees and customers and employees to employees. Is that an additional paid module?

5. I saw that there is no German support in the forum. Wouldn’t it make sense for German speakers or not?

Thank you very much for your efforts.
cHAp

Guten Tag,

ich nutze seit dem Wochenende InvoiceNinja. Ein Absolut schönes schlankes System aber mit mächtig vielen Features. TOP.

Ich habe nun einige Fragen dazu, was mich bis jetzt etwas Irritiert.

1. Kann man im Webinterface einstellen wer was sehen darf?
    Ich habe mehrere Companys angelegt. Da ich mehrere Webseiten betreibe. Ich habe auf jeder Company auch entsprechende Kollegen, die zb. nicht zwischen den Companys wechseln dürfen. Kann man das irgendwo einstellen, wer welche Companys sehen darf und wer nicht?
    Mitarbeiter A darf nur Company 1 sehen und ein Mitarbeiter darf nur Company B sehen ein Mitarbeiter darf zb. Company 1 und 2 sehen. Ist sowas möglich?

2. Dann habe ich gesehen das man das System auch Unbranding nutzen kann. Ich habe das auch bei mir eingeführt und die 30USD für ein Jahr bezahlt. Klappt super. Kann man da zb. weil ja vorher Facebook, Twitter etc. eingeblendet waren im unteren Bereich dies irgendwie so machen das man da zb. eigene Links setzen kann? Zum Beispiel mit Impressum, Kontakt, AGB, Datenschutz etc.?

3. Ich habe das System über Cloudron Installiert, funktioniert super. Ich habe gelesen das es bereits eine Version 5 Stable gibt? Wird diese im Cloudron auch noch Zeitnah angeboten als Version 5 oder nur die Version 4?

4. Ich habe irgendwo gelesen das man auch eine Art Ticketsystem zwischen Mitarbeiter und Kunden und Mitarbeiter zu Mitarbeiter führen kann. Ist das ein zusätzliches Kostenpflichtes Modul?

5. Ich habe gesehen das es hier keinen Deutschen Support gibt im Forum. Wäre doch sicherlich sinnvoll für die Deutschsprachigen oder nicht?

Herzlichen Dank für eure Bemühungen.
cHAp

Hi,

1. In v4 only the owner can see all companies, other users can only see the one company they’re linked to. In v5 users can be added to/removed from companies.

2. You may be able to use custom client portal messages otherwise you’d need to modify the code.

3. You will need to ask Cloudron directly.

4. The ticket module requires using the develop branch of the code from GitHub.

5. The forum is only in English, it’s the only language the core team can provide support in.

1 Like

Hello,

Thanks for the mega quick answer. Respect!

1. All right. Super. That’s mega. Perfect. : slight_smile:

2. What do you mean by that exactly? Can you give me a more precise definition?

3. Ok, then I’ll email Cloudron.

4. So I have to download the ticket from Github or am I getting something wrong?

5. I almost thought to myself. Since my English is not that good and I have to use translate.google.de a lot, but if you understand me despite the translator, that’s great. : slight_smile:

New question:

1. I have changed the e-mail SMTP data under “System Settings”. Test email arrives. I have created an employee as a test with gmx[.]de, web[.]de and my own domain, but unfortunately the invitation email does not arrive. Where can I see logs if necessary to localize the problem or do you have a tip?

Hallo,

Danke für die mega Schnelle Antwort. Respekt!

1. Alles klar. Super. Das ist ja Mega. Perfekt. :slight_smile:

2. Was meinen Sie damit genau? Können Sie mir das genauer Definieren?

3. Ok, dann sende ich E-Mail an Cloudron.

4. Ich muss mir also das Ticket entsprechend von Github laden oder verstehe ich da gerade was falsch?

5. Habe ich mir schon fast gedacht. Da mein Englisch nicht so gut ist und ich viel daher translate.google.de verwenden muss aber wenn Sie mich trotz des Übersetzer verstehen, ist das Super. :slight_smile:

Neue Frage:

1. Ich habe unter “Systemeinstellung” die E-Mail SMTP Daten geändert. Test E-Mail kommt an. Ich habe einen Mitarbeiter angelegt, als Test mit gmx[.]de, web[.]de und eigener Domain, aber die Einladungsemail kommt leider nicht an. Wo kann ich ggfs. Logs einsehen um das Problem zu Lokalisieren oder haben Sie einen Tipp?

Log:

2020-11-23T11:56:05.000Z 172.18.0.1 - - [23/Nov/2020:11:56:05 +0000] "GET /send_confirmation/1 HTTP/1.1" 302 1344 "https://***/settings/user_management" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36"
2020-11-23T11:56:06.000Z 172.18.0.1 - - [23/Nov/2020:11:56:05 +0000] "GET /settings/user_management HTTP/1.1" 200 15587 "https://***settings/user_management" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36"
2020-11-23T11:56:06.000Z 172.18.0.1 - - [23/Nov/2020:11:56:06 +0000] "GET /api/users?sEcho=1&iColumns=4&sColumns=%2C%2C%2C&iDisplayStart=0&iDisplayLength=10&mDataProp_0=0&bSortable_0=true&mDataProp_1=1&bSortable_1=true&mDataProp_2=2&bSortable_2=true&mDataProp_3=3&bSortable_3=false&iSortCol_0=0&sSortDir_0=asc&iSortingCols=1&_=1606132566300 HTTP/1.1" 200 1944 "https://***/settings/user_management" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/80.0.3987.163 Safari/537.36"
  1. There is a messages setting on Settings > Client Portal which lets you add text/links to the client portal

2. You would need to download the full app from GitHub using the develop branch

3. Please check the .env file is correct

1 Like
  1. Thank You

2. Ok

3. env:

Summary

APP_ENV=production
APP_DEBUG=false
APP_URL=https://########[.]de
APP_KEY=base64:zLMPr#################################L5aDpgEvlU=
APP_CIPHER=A#########C
APP_LOCALE=en
PRECONFIGURED_INSTALL=true
DB_TYPE=mysql
DB_STRICT=false
DB_HOST=mysql:3306
DB_DATABASE=7b0#################e88
DB_USERNAME=7b0##############e88
DB_PASSWORD=c25147#################################51f264f2e9
MAIL_DRIVER=smtp
MAIL_PORT=2525
MAIL_ENCRYPTION=
MAIL_HOST=mail
MAIL_USERNAME=mail@#####[.]de
MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS=mail@#####[.]de
MAIL_FROM_NAME=InvoiceNinja
MAIL_PASSWORD=d2ebd######################2ae1c6c5
MAILGUN_DOMAIN=
MAILGUN_SECRET=
PHANTOMJS_CLOUD_KEY=a-demo-key-with-low-quota-per-ip-address
PHANTOMJS_BIN_PATH=/usr/local/bin/phantomjs
LOG=single
REQUIRE_HTTPS=true
API_SECRET=cQoJxcZ###################LBZMTKN
GOOGLE_MAPS_ENABLED=false
GOOGLE_MAPS_API_KEY=AIzaSy####################REcA8iAZik
WEPAY_CLIENT_ID=
WEPAY_CLIENT_SECRET=
WEPAY_ENVIRONMENT=production
WEPAY_AUTO_UPDATE=true
WEPAY_FEE_PAYER=payee
WEPAY_APP_FEE_CC_MULTIPLIER=0
WEPAY_APP_FEE_ACH_MULTIPLIER=0
WEPAY_APP_FEE_FIXED=0
WEPAY_THEME=’{“name”:“Invoice Ninja”,“primary_color”:“0b4d78”,“secondary_color”:“0b4d78”,“background_color”:“f8f8f8”,“button_color”:“33b753”}’
BLUEVINE_PARTNER_UNIQUE_ID=
BLUEVINE_PARTNER_TOKEN=
CLOUDFLARE_DNS_ENABLED=false
CLOUDFLARE_API_KEY=
CLOUDFLARE_EMAIL=
CLOUDFLARE_TARGET_IP_ADDRESS=
CLOUDFLARE_ZONE_IDS={}
PHANTOMJS_SECRET=io7vpw############0p8cb
1_MAIL_FROM_NAME=####[.]de
1_MAIL_DRIVER=smtp
1_MAIL_PORT=465
1_MAIL_ENCRYPTION=ssl
1_MAIL_HOST=web.m####a[.]de
1_MAIL_USERNAME=mail@####[.]de
1_MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS=mail@#####[.]de
1_MAIL_PASSWORD=##############
2_MAIL_DRIVER=smtp
2_MAIL_PORT=465
2_MAIL_ENCRYPTION=ssl
2_MAIL_HOST=web.m####a[.]de
2_MAIL_USERNAME=info@m#####a[.]de
2_MAIL_FROM_NAME=#####[.]de
2_MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS=info@#####[.]de
2_MAIL_PASSWORD=###################

Are the email settings correct in the file?

1 Like

Test mail works fine.
Just not emails as described. :frowning:

Sorry, I don’t have an answer.

Some users have reported that updating the email settings in the UI rather than editing the .env file directly can cause this.

1 Like

I will do some more testing. Will work out somehow. :slight_smile: I didn’t make the settings in the env, but made them in InvoiceNinja.

@hillel is there an alternative how I can activate the account? about the mysql or something?

You should be able to manually mark the user as confirmed in the database.

1 Like

@hillel Thank you for Support. :heart_eyes:

Hello,

So now it worked.

It was the following solution.

I had not yet had an SPF with the IP and host name enabled on the domain I am using. Now an Invoice account confirmation arrives by email everywhere, via my external email server that I operate.

At some point you get crazy in your head if you look after too many VPS. Laugh.

Hallo,

So nun hat es geklappt.

Folgende Lösung war es.

Ich hatte auf der Domain die ich verwende noch kein SPF mit der IP und Hostname freigabe gehabt. Nun komm eine Invoice Kontobestätigung per E-Mail überall an, über meinen Externen E-Mail Server den ich betreibe.

Irgendwann wird man im Kopf irre, wenn man zu viele VPS Betreut. Lach.

Thanks for sharing the solution!

Was the problem affecting all emails or just user emails?

1 Like

It basically affected all emails except for the test email. But with the DNS change of the SPF everything works so far.

1 Like