Please help me understand the workflow surrounding partial payments.
- I can’t use the “client portal”, which is unpopular in my country / industry - customers won’t use it
- I customized all the email templates to my liking (here: settings - templates & reminders)
- I prefer to follow-up on outstanding amounts myself, I don’t need the “auto” emailing features
- I create a quote or invoice for $100 and specify a partial payment for $30 (
Partial/Depositfield). I choose to email that document, and choose the “Initial Email” template (corresponds to the
- The customer pays the deposit
- I enter a payment for $10 against the invoice
- My records now show a partial payment of $10, and the outstanding balance decreases to $70
- Once the job is done, I’ll contact the customer to pay the balance
How do I do that?
- If I choose to email the invoice again, which template do I use: “Initial Email” (obviously not this), “First/Second/Third Reminder”, “First/Second/Third Custom”? The other templates (“Payment”, “Partial Payment”) are not shown, strangely enough.
- the PDF still shows the full amount - the deposit is not subtracted from the total (according to github issues I’ve read the expectation is that the balance would be updated?)
Thank you in advance for any guidance.
(If there are any v5 docs for this that I’ve missed, please point me to them?)