Project based improvements

I evaluate the v5.3.19-C59 self-hosted version and see many unseful improvements since 5.0.X versions.

Now I have the ability to have the project-name on the invoice (via Project->Invoice Project). That really helps to give me and my customers an unique reference to the project.

I have some remarks:

– Is there any chance to have the projects public note to show below the projects name on the invoice?

– When I deliver invoices, my customers want to see the total amount of time spent – not only the money total. Is there a way to have this total hours anywhere? I use the reports-view, but this is internal use for me only.

– As a Freelancer working project-based I miss the ability to see in the projects-view the invoice-no, and the invoiced-status (via column). On the other hand I miss in the invoices-view the related project-name column. This would realy help, to keep track of the entities. The report-view helps but is more of investigating than viewing/sorting a proper documented list.

– I need to decare (at least in germany) in the invoice-header/footer the service-period (“Leistungszeitraum” or “Leistungszeitpunkt” . This is something like 12.09.2021 – 20.10.2021 or 13.09.2020 if one day only and gives an overview for customers/tax/accounting over the time-entrys declared in the invoice. I can do that manualy by a custom-field but that’s errative and time consuming. Do you have any plans to subsummerize the tasks like that?

Kind regards
C

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback!

• We’ll look into add the project notes

• One option may be to enable showing the tasks in the client portal. @david @ben could be useful to add this to the invoice.

• The challenge here is a project’s tasks could be split across multiple invoices so there isn’t necessarily a single invoice. That said, we’ll see if this can be improved.

• Maybe you could use date variables in the default invoice terms?

Hi @hillel,

We’ll look into add the project notes

That would be perfect, thank you. Maybe you could add the uncommented code-snippet in the templates css includes block to switch and customize?

One option may be to enable showing the tasks in the client portal. @david @ben could be useful to add this to the invoice.

This would help both sides to keep track of the invoiced content. If you have the chance, please let me know on progess on that issuse.

The challenge here is a project’s tasks could be split across multiple invoices so there isn’t necessarily a single invoice. That said, we’ll see if this can be improved.

By design this is a reasonable decision, especially if you have one big project which needs to be invoiced with many subsequent partial invoices. In the invoice-view there could be a project-name-column which shows project-name if only one project involved, otherwise something like e.g. [Multiple]?

Maybe you could use date variables in the default invoice terms?

Do you have any code-snipets how to do this? I was not successful putting some $… in ther invocie-terms textblock. Nothing got parsed. For this specific feature the query should deliver the earliest and latest task-date into a variable to make it useful. Right now I have no idea.

Thank you for your feedback! Kind regards
C