productcode field and displaying period of a subscription

Hi,

I am testing Invoice Ninja at this moment. Would like to switch from our current invoice software to this but I have a couple of problems:

1. We have a lot of recurring invoices for domainnames and hosting accounts. In order to be able to use your solution I have to be able to specify the startdate of the subscription. If I choose to have a recurring invoice for three months it should display period: startdate - startdate+3 months. If I bill my customer in december 1st, 2020 the enddate should automatically be march 1st, 2021. How can I achieve this?

2. In the invoice designer I can choose the productcode to be displayed on the invoice. So the field exists. Where can I add those fields to my productform? I need to be able to specify productcodes for each product.

Please help.

Best regards,

Stef

1. The app supports using the a :MONTH+1 variable but it doesn’t work with years

2. I’m not sure I follow, you can add a custom product field on Settings > Invoice Settings

1. The app supports using the a :MONTH+1 variable but it doesn’t work with years

That’s not what I need. I need to be able to create a service that starts at date x and make a recurring invoice for it that shows period: date x - (date x + billing period). This is very important because the customer is allowed to cancel a subscription 14 days before the enddate. Therefor they must be able to check the enddate.

2. I’m not sure I follow, you can add a custom product field on Settings > Invoice Settings

I saw the productcode field in a support topic. I checked my invoice designer in the current version of invoiceninja and it doesn’t have that field. It does have two fields named “Custom Field”. If I change one of those custom fields to productcode I can fill in the productcode in a form but the column name in the productlist will only display “custom field”. How do I get the column name also to change to productcode?

Thanks again.

The app supports creating recurring invoices with a start/end date.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean by “the column name in the productlist”, the custom name will be used on the invoice but may not be reflected in the app UI.

The app supports creating recurring invoices with a start/end date

Could you please tell me how to do that? I want to have make an invoice that shows an article like this:

“1”,“DOMAIN-COM”,“registration blabla.com period: 01-12-2020 until 01-03-2021”,"$3.00"

I can only set the startdate of the invoice but not the startdate of the product as far as I can see…

Right, you can set the start/end date for the entire invoice.

If you use :MONTH to :MONTH+3 in the line item it will be converted to show the month name