Problem with instalation on locahost [setup panel, mysql, connection]

I have problem with installation of Invoice Ninja 5 (newest stable version) on localhost (Windows 10) according to instruction (https://invoiceninja.github.io/en/self-host-installation/), I made everything but I can’t get the setup panel (localhost/setup). No matter what I write in url (localhost/, localhost/setup, localhost/public, localhost/client etc.), I always get the “500 — Server Error”.

From apache’s access.log:

"GET /setup HTTP/1.1" 500 5240
"GET /client HTTP/1.1" 500 5241
"GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 5236
"GET /public HTTP/1.1" 301 233
"GET /public/ HTTP/1.1" 500 5271

What might be causing the error?

You will want to inspect the logs in storage/logs/laravel.log

if there are no errors in the logs, then in the .env file set the app to debug mode by changing

APP_DEBUG=true

and then attempt to access the app again, the error should then appear on the screen.

I didn’t do anything and it suddenly start working, I can se the setup panel but there is a new problem.

The command "mysql  --user="${:LARAVEL_LOAD_USER}" --password="${:LARAVEL_LOAD_PASSWORD}" --host="${:LARAVEL_LOAD_HOST}" --port="${:LARAVEL_LOAD_PORT}" --database="${:LARAVEL_LOAD_DATABASE}" < "${:LARAVEL_LOAD_PATH}"" failed.

Exit Code: 1(General error)

Working directory: D:\Wampstack\apache2\htdocs2\public

Output:
================

Error Output:
================
'mysql' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Db user, name and password are correct. The text of connection at the setup panel gives “Success!”.

i believe this issue is cause by the mysql-client library not being installed.

I have mysqli and pdo_mysql extensions.

What should I enter in the setup panel? In config/databese.php I don’t see the options for mysqli or pdo_mysql.

By the way, shouldn’t the connection test return an error? With an appropriate explanation.

@ktosiu

You need mysql-client (or mariadb-client) which is different to the pdf/mysql PHP extensions.

I have MariaDB 10.11.

The server and client are separate, so you’ll want to install the mariadb-client package.

Everything was installed, including mariadb-client package. There was a problem with Environment Variables in windows.

By the way, it would be useful to add a progress bar in setup panel after clicking on Submit.