Preview is downloading while viewing invoices

Hey,

I’ve got a bit a strange issue on invoicing.co with my migrated account. Whenever I’ve opened an invoice, I get a regular preview being downloaded to the company:

I’m using FF 100.0.2 on elementary OS (Linux). Any ideas why this might happen?

Cheers!

Hi,

You can either change the Firefox settings so it previews PDFs inline or enable the alternate PDF viewer in the app on Settings > Device Settings.

Hmmm, disabling the automatic PDF preview isn’t an option? I wonder as other sites work with inline preview.

You don’t need to disable the preview, you can enable the alternate PDF viewer in the settings.

hmm, yeah. I actually prefer not having a PDF review without direct action (e.g. click on download/preview).

I’ve switched it for now and it works. Thanks for your quick response and help :+1:

I also agree. Disabling preview isn’t really an option.

I just upgraded my Invoice Ninja and before this was working fine. Now, everytime it try to preview an invoice or I click to email an invoice. it does download the PDF

Shows nothing, but instead download the PDF

Invoice Ninja v5.4.11-C88

This is a browser config issue, both of you need to disable pdf download.

In Firefox type in about:preferences in the address bar at the top, scroll down to "Applications" section, find “Portable Document Format (PDF)” and set it to “Open in Firefox”

In Chrome type in chrome://settings/content/pdfDocuments in the address bar and make sure it is set to “Open PDF’s in Chrome”

In MS Edge type in edge://settings/content/pdfDocuments and make sure “Always download PDF files” is disabled.

Or you can use the desktop app if you absolutely must have that setting enabled in your browser (plus the app is faster) Desktop Apps | Invoice Ninja

1 Like