Possibility NOT to send email after payed in invoice

I am trying to find my way around Invoice ninja, and I love it. But I have a question. Is it possible to stop the automatic sending of an email after I changed the status from sent to payed in invoice? People pay me at the counter, and as soon as I hit the send button for the invoice it already states that they have payed. So now it is double…

But I can not find a way to turn the automatic payment-email off, if at all possible.

Hi,

Thank, great to hear :blush:

You can configure the payment emails on Settings > Company Details > Defaults

Worth noting I forget myself where many settings are, I find the search feature at the top of the settings list very useful.

Hey folks!

I’m also very new to Invoice Ninja and really loving it - it’s so great to be able to take control of everything on my own box!

Anyway this is also a bit of an issue for me as I’ve just imported everything from Quickbooks and it’s trying to email hundreds of people after I import their old payments via CSV😬

For now I’ve just made the email settings empty so that there’s no from address and it’s all just failing at the moment.

I don’t think these email settings are in the Company Details section anymore, but I did find the email settings for manual and auto payment … however they’ve been turned off since install…

I have this in the system log despite these settings having not been changed since my clean install.

Perhaps there’s a ways to wipe out the email queue or something?

I don’t believe the CSV import should trigger emails to be sent.

@david can you please advise?

It’s quite possible during my long days getting everything in the right format and up and running I accidentally created test invoices with a real client at some point … but I’ve purged all the data each time.

Is there a way to remove those emails from the queue so that when I do turn on emailing it doesn’t fire them off?

You may be to able to use the command:

php artisan queue:clear

1 Like

Thanks heaps @hillel - I gave it a shot and it reports:

ERROR  Clearing queues is not supported on [SyncQueue].

If the queue is set to sync it means its disabled.

So I’m guessing that’s because I’ve turned off all mentions of auto-emailing everywhere for the time being?

I have no idea whether I’ve turned any setting relating the queue being on or off :joy:

What happens to those emails that were being regularly attempted in the system log … if I turn on my emailing service and hook it up with Postmark, will it try to deliver those old emails as soon as it goes live?

Auto-emailing and the queue are separate concepts.

The queue is disabled when QUEUE_CONNECTION is set to sync in the .env file.

1 Like

Ok thanks heaps - I’ll do some reading … this is a fresh install so my was isn’t quite around everything yet!

Appreciate the direction.

Just got supervisor/snappdf etc working properly after realising I could see all the checks in the health check in ‘about’ … seems like I got it to work!

INFO  Cleared 0 jobs from the [default] queue.

So it appears there were no jobs in the queue anyway … all those emails that failed in the system log are potentially just one-off attempts to send payment ‘receipts’ maybe?

Seems likely… If the queue was set to sync then no jobs are queued, emails are sent immediately.

1 Like