Plain Text E-Mails

Hi Ninjas!

Hopefully this is the right place to address my question. I am a little overwhelmed with all the information on userguide, github, and forum. Seems to me a little like a flea circus. Chapeau and Merci for your great work!

(1) Is it possible to create e-mails generally in plain text?
Thats what i would prefer. I am a bit oldschool and don´t like the HTML-ChiChi in mails :slight_smile:

(2) BTW … as found here

i expected to find a WYSIWYG Edi(t)or then to customize mails, but … nope. Is there the need to install some additional package on my underlaying debian 11.8 (and IN v5.8.33-C156)? Or ist the WYSIWIG editor only available in the native apps? I am using the WebUI.

Thanks in advance for your response.
Best regards from Berlin!

Hi,

1. You can remove the HTML design by selecting the custom email design on Settings > Email Settings

2. All apps support a WYSIWYG editor if it’s enabled on Settings > Account Management. The Flutter app requires you to select the text to see the formatting options, I suggest trying the React app to compare.

Hello Hillel,
thanks again for your help!

I was fiddeling around this weekend. Comparision between Flutter and React WebUI has given me insights, but …

(2) When changing Settings > Email Settings to “custom” there will appear no e-mail-signature in the generated e-mails anymore. Is this a bug or a feature?

(1) So i changed back to “plain” again and formatted the text to “preformatted” which results nearly to the wanted plain-text design. But neither “custom” nor “plain” generates e-mails with “Content-Type: text/plain”. Content-Type is now multipart/mixed. I guess this might be because of the very last IN recommendation line? Will the white label subscription solve this too?

Best regards from Berlin
Marcel

Hi,

1. That’s be design, you’d need to add it in yourself either by using the variable or hardcoding it.

2. The white label license is unrelated to the app’s features. This isn’t supported, feel free to create an issue to request it.