PDF previews auto-download after every invoice edit

Hi friends,

Since the latest update, every time I create or edit an invoice a PDF preview of the invoice automatically downloads to my computer. Beyond simply being an annoyance, this is incredibly disruptive because I can’t even type a few characters without another PDF downloading.

I’ve tried changing user settings to stop this from occurring, without success. Is there a setting I’m missing, or is this an issue with the software?

Thank you.

Hi,

Which browser are you using?

Does using a different browser make a difference?

Hi,

The original issue was encountered using Firefox. The issue persisted despite adjusting settings, clearing cookies and relaunching the browser.

Today I tested using Microsoft Edge and did not experience the issue. Prior to sending this reply I tried again in Firefox and the issue is no longer occurring.

Thanks.

DavidGC is not the only one having this issue. I am having it also. Using Firefox. I will have to install Chrome before I can test there. I refuse to use MS-Edge … so no dice on testing on that platform. I’ll update after my Chrome test.

Ok, I see what is going on, The software is optimized for Chrome. In Firefox, it is opening the PDF, whereas in Chrome, it is embedding it on the page. Hope this helps everyone else using Firefox … don’t … Use Chrome.

FYI… you should be able to configure this in the Firefox settings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/ylwi8j/firefox_opens_any_pdf_that_i_download/

Following those instructions, I now get a popup asking me where I want to save the preview pdf every time I make a change

Seems this is a problem with the react app. It doesn’t happen on the flutter interface, even in the same web browser.

@david @ben any ideas? In my experience it’s usually caused by settings in Firefox