PDF not attached to invoice email

After upgrading my docker container to the latest version of Invoice Ninja 5.5.87, PDF invoices are no longer attached to the email. Email design is set to Plain, but the invoice email will only send in Light. All other email templates work as expected with the PDF attached.
The only thing I see in the console is
2023-03-11 13:55:19,286 INFO reaped unknown pid 1512 (exit status 0)
Not sure what else to check.

Hi,

@david do you have any suggestions?

@jimfactor7
Can you inspect the error logs in storage/logs/laravel.log and advise

Hi,

I found this in laravel.log

[2023-03-09 18:12:56] production.ERROR: Unable to generate the raw PDF {“exception”:"[object] (App\Exceptions\FilePermissionsFailure(code: 0): Unable to generate the raw PDF at /var/www/app/app/Jobs/Entity/CreateRawPdf.php:208)

I’ve done some testing on this in my local docker instance, I also see the reaped unknown pids, however I don’t think these should be having an impact as the PDFs are still generating.

I also see the occasional chromium timeout however from my tests the attachments are being linked as expected.

What I would suggest is in your env file, change your PDF_GENERATOR

from

snappdf

to

hosted_ninja

This will tell us if it is the chrome binary in the docker container which is the root cause for all of this.

Thanks David, I changed the env file to hosted_ninja, but it’s the same result, invoice email in Light theme with no attached pdf.

@jimfactor7

How large is the attachment? for large attachments, instead of attaching, we provide a link in the body of the email.

@jimfactor7

I see the issue here, I am tagging v5.5.88 now with the fix

Thank you! It works!