Payment can't be applied to a credit note

@bramdriesen @ecomsilio

Right, so it sounds like the preference here is,

Generate a credit note with custom line items., then apply a negative payment to the credit note.

2 Likes

Yes, that would be perfect.

In an ideal world, we would be able to link the credit note to the invoice and, once linked, choose the item positions from the item positions of the original invoice.

Eventually an option at the invoice “Clone to credit note” could make it easier to understand for the user and easier to develop. Simply copy the invoice to a credit note and delete all item positions that you don’t want to have at the invoice.

1 Like

@ecomsilio I think this is a great solution :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

@ecomsilio

It is possible to clone an invoice to a credit by selecting Clone to Other.

I think we can make this work. I’ll discuss further with @hillel on implementation.

1 Like

Yes, that would already do the job. It is just not possible to add a negative payment to this credit note.

I am looking forward to your solution and thank you guys very much!

1 Like

+1!

Thanks again! Also looking forward to the solution :wink:

Just wondering if any progress has been made :wink:

Bumping, unusable in Lithuania as well.

1 Like

Bumping as well, we’re in need of this in Luxemburg as well…

1 Like

@david @hillel Any update from your side? Your last comment was in October.

PS: I’m aware it’s an open source project and that it depends on volunteers/contributors :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Just wanting an update. Maybe a link to the GitHub issue/pull request if it exists?

Hi @bramdriesen

No updates yet sorry. We are still in a feature freeze whilst we continue working on stability of the current feature set.

2 Likes

Thanks @david until when is this feature freeze (if it’s defined)? :smiley:

@bramdriesen

We are just focused on bug fixes and small improvements at the moment, we don’t want to add more features until the features we have are very solid.

That being said, we’ve scoped this work, so it is just an implementation from our side. We know this is important feature for our Euro users so we are keen to implement this.

3 Likes

Thanks @david glad to hear that!! :wink:

@bramdriesen @ecomsilio

Could you please review the example flow here.

$500 invoice paid in full. Client Balance = $0, Client Paid to Date = $500

Credit note generated for -$100

Payment generated for -$100

Client Balance = $0
Client Paid to Date = $400

Is this what you are expecting?

2 Likes

Hi David,

yes, looks good. Is there a Github Branch that I can checkin to test this feature in my own test system?

Thanks,
Gijs

1 Like

Looks good to me @david !

@ecomsilio

It is currently in v5-develop, however there is no UI for this yet to perform the final conversion of the negative credit to negative payment.

2 Likes

OK, no problem. I’m happy to test it when the UI is ready.

Thanks,
Gijs

1 Like

Best wishes all :wink:

Has there been any movement on this by now?