New v5 install error

Hi,

I think im going to stick with v4 for the moment. i found numerous errors starting with the install.

SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'ninja'@'localhost' (using password: YES) (SQL: insert into `jobs` (`queue`, `attempts`, `reserved_at`, ...

This error comes when setting up the SMTP credentials on which i know are 100% correct.

how do i get this?

step 1. download the latest release on git.
step 2. unzip
step 3. chown the correct webuser. in my case (ispconfig) web***:client*
step 4. test PDF. works
step 5. db credentials test succesfull
step 6. enter mail credentials i get this error
SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘ninja’@‘localhost’ (using password: YES) (SQL: insert into jobs (queue, attempts, reserved_at, available_at, created_at, payload)

now the test email does arrive but because of the error i cannot go to the next step. I can bypass this by selecting log and just start and manually change the .env file… but after that im getting all sorts of 400 and 500 errors here and there. In the installer there is no problem generating the pdf. when trying to download a pdf on a existing invoice (after migration) or a newly created gives me a 500 error

Deleted all and tried the git version of today 5.1.15, but the same issues remains.

laravel.log only says:
production.INFO: db fails
when testing the smtp credentials.

Now for the .env file i thought it should be created on the setup page. Unpacking the zip and deleting it (in the hopes the setup page recreates it) gives me a 500 Server Error.

tested the installs with php-fpm and FastCGI on which sometimes was an issue in v4 is also not the problemsolver.

The 500 errors doesnt generate an error in laravel or apache log.

Hey there, I think this is solved in newer versions (ping @turbo124).

Workaroun for now: On the setup, set e-mail driver to log and then you can update .env with your own smtp details after setup.

After any change in the .env make sure to run: php artisan optimize