New User with multiple issues (Updating, Cron job, Snappdf, Recurring invoices, permissions)

When attempting to update invoice ninja from the website, (in order to attempt to fix the error 500 when veiwing recurring invoices) I receive this error https://i.imgur.com/uBPXWp4.png

And I also have an issue where I don’t seem to be able to setup my cron jobs properly, if someone could provide some guidance here.
* * * * * root cd /home/website.com/subdomain.website.com && php artisan schedule:run This is the command I have inside of my crontab -e file. I’ve tried both other options that are available at this location

In addition to this, I’ve also had nonstop issues with snappdf, though for the time being I’ve simply gone back to ninja_hosted since it functions (outside of recurring invoices). (this)[https://i.imgur.com/9lKj9A8.png] is the error I receive when attempting to use snappdf.
Wanted to note that per this post I did try and reupload my logo, with no change in behavior.
Considering this is my error…
[2023-03-31 05:29:08] production.ERROR: The process has been signaled with signal “5”. {“userId”:1,“exception”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Process\Exception\ProcessSignaledException(code: 0): The process has been signaled with signal "5". at /home/website.com/subdomain.website.com/vendor/symfony/process/Process.php:434)
[stacktrace]

It leads me to believe it may be a permission issue? Which leads me into a new fun thing…

I’ve also gotten this issue where unless I’m constantly running these two commands sudo chown -R root:users /home/website.com/subdomain.website.com
sudo chmod -R 777 /home/website.com/subdomain.website.com
I get this invalid file permissions shown here. https://i.imgur.com/1dmHcOq.png.

Additionally, if I setup the Queue, do I still have to have the cron job enabled or would that forgo that issue?

Hi,

@david can you please advise on the errors?

If you enable the queue you’ll also need to add the queue:work cron.

1 Like

I’ll standby on enabling that then, make sure I get everything else smooth before I go on adding new things to my bucket.

Headed away at the moment but will revisit and update with any new or otherwise requested information upon return.

I appreciate the promptness with which we have knowledgeable people answering questions, really imbues a level of confidence in the software.

1 Like

It would seem permissions are regularly resetting, or are being changed somehow without my prior knowledge.

A website I have hosted has also gone down due to not having permissions after I restarted the server, and permissions regularly are an issue according to invoice ninja.

Any idea what can cause this?

EDIT - Fixing permissions within cyberpanel corrected this, I cannot believe I hadn’t tried that sooner.

I am however, still having an issue with snappdf where I get this error upon generating any pdf within IN.

Within the laravel.log we get this still
production.ERROR: The process has been signaled with signal “5”. {“userId”:1,“exception”:"[object] (Symfony\Component\Process\Exception\ProcessSignaledException(code: 0): The process has been signaled with signal "5". at /home/domain/subdomain/vendor/symfony/process/Process.php:434)

After running “compser require symfony/filesystem” I’m now after another permission issue that is not fixed by cyberpanel,more hunting into this tomorrow.

New error (no symfony error anymore)

[2023-04-03 06:12:57] production.ERROR: Downloaded Chromium binary is not executable. Make sure to set correct permissions (0755) {“userId”:1,“exception”:"[object] (Beganovich\Snappdf\Exception\BinaryNotExecutable(code: 0): Downloaded Chromium binary is not executable. Make sure to set correct permissions (0755) at /home/domain/subdomain/vendor/beganovich/snappdf/src/Snappdf.php:84)

1 Like