New User Invitations Not Sending

Hi

Could you please give us some insight into how you have your outgoing mail set up within the invoice ninja settings? I have tried using my own smtp server yet nothing has changed. We are still battling.

Thanks

To answer your question, no, it doesn’t work when sending an invite to a different domain

Sure, we self host on a cpanel server. Ninja is installed and maintained by Softaculous.

On /public/settings/system_settings we have using the “Mail” driver (btw anyone know the difference between mail & SMTP), Ninja uses a local email account - billing@domain.com to send the mail.

I haven’t had a lick of trouble.

I spend a lot of time making sure my server has a good mail reputation and that our domain’s DNS records (SPF & rDNS) are up to date.

Candidly, everything has been smooth as silk.

The strange thing is, mail does not even leave the Invoice Ninja system when sending user invitations.
I have only been able to trace mail coming from quotes or invoices.

If you are still having trouble, it wouldn’t hurt to try sending you mail through DNSExit, you will still need a correct SPF record, but they handle the mail server reputation issue for a reasonable fee. There are quite a few other alternatives.

Could it be a PHP issue? We are on Apache 2.4 and PHP 7.3.

I have tried using PHP7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 now. 7.2 seems to be the most stable, but I can try on 7.3 again.
I will try and see what version of Apache this shared server is running

Do password recoveries go out?

Your new users could just click on Recover your password

It reports that the email has been sent, but it definitely did not arrive on the other side.

It turns out after all this time that it is the hosting provider causing the issue

also that is not working, password recovery mails doesn’t work…

Try using routing from one of the services in this list: https://dmarc.io/sources/

A good service will fail if your DNS isn’t properly configured.

Ok i used sendgrid. Invoices are sent, invitations not yet.

I am out of ideas - sorry.