Multi locations, same company, users by location

I have been searching for a guide to these issues.

1. Same company (example: ABC Company) but
  2. Different locations (example: Paris, Berlin, Chicago, Miami) with a a few locations having a few outlets
  3. Outlet #1, Outlet #2 in Chicago, Outlet #1, #2, #3 in Miami, Outlet #1 in Paris, Outlet #1 in Berlin
  4. Top Management needs to see a ‘combined’ view of all locations / outlets …
  5. District Managers need to see their ‘districts’, i.e. Miami, Chicago as a ‘combined view’…
  6. Outlet Managers need to see their outlets only…
  7. Employees need to see their outlets ONLY…

Different databases for each? How would that be set in the .env file? I did try using groups… but wasn’t quite working correctly…

Thanks!

Hi,

I’m not sure there’s a solution for all of these issues. If you use groups you can view all the data combined but will have less ability to restrict users, using separate companies provides better permission granularity but you won’t be able to view the data combined.

If I use different databases for each store/outlet… I can’t seem to find a complete reference on using multiple databases… any suggestions on where to look… Google doesn’t offer a lot… read the database file in the software… not real clear there either.

Was thinking of using a database for say locations… i.e. Chicago… Paris… Berlin…
Using groups inside of the locations … Outlet 1… 2… 3… as needed…

I am thinking from there… if I create users… I may need to duplicate the managers and upper management as required to each database… but at least the employees would be kept on a per database level… giving me a bit more security…

Why use multiple databases rather than create multiple sub-companies?