Migration v4.5.50 to v5.4.9-C87

After a completed migration (laravel.log shows completed) and running php artisan ninja:check-data, I was getting errors showing that two clients have errors.

Client A” - Client Paid To Date = 10932.900000 != Invoice Payments = 19833.54 - 19833.540000
Client B” - Client Paid To Date = 36534.950000 != Invoice Payments = 36879.95 - 36879.950000
2 clients with incorrect paid to dates

On Ninja V4 server, I ran php artisan ninja:check-data and got errors as well.

2 clients with incorrect paid to date
3 invoices with incorrect balances

Since V5 showed the clients that were having issues, I was able to find the 3 invoices. They had multiple full payments for the same invoice. To try to fix it, I deleted the payments and tried to apply the correct payment amount. This still left the invoice unpaid since it showed a “Balance Due” which was the amount of the extra payments that were applied to the invoice.

I decided to clone the 3 invoices with incorrect balances (using the same date and invoice number+‘x’) so I could delete the bad invoices and payments associated with the incorrect balances. After doing this I ran check-data again and got rid of one of the error messages.

0 clients with incorrect paid to date
3 invoices with incorrect balances

With this error I tried to migrate again to V5. It completes but when I check, I see that clients are missing invoices and payments. Migration did not copy everything. I’m thinking the database is corrupted?

Any suggestion on what I should do to resolve this?

Thanks

Hi,

It may help to use the latest available version of v5 instead, we don’t recommend making manual changes to the database.

Updating to V5.5.49-C103 made a difference.
Migration completed and it appears everything was copied.
check-data gave 1 error with incorrect paid to dates. I deleted the extra payment and now check-data says SUCCESS.
Thanks for the help!