Migration to another server results in 500: No Company Found

Since I did not find any documentation on how to migrate between servers, I took it upon myself.

• I followed this repo that I used for both installations.
  • I got everything running and can log in with my inital user.
  • Then I do the database migration. I create an SQL dump of my old MySQL DB and push it into my new MariaDB (Had to change databases due to different architecture).
  • Now the Login mask recognizes my old user credentials and even the 2fa is working.
  • But when I want to log in with my correct credentials, I just get a message inside the login mask:
    500: No Company Found

Even after rsync’ing every volume from my old app container to my new app container, I get the same error.

Can anybody help or guide me through migrating between servers?
Thanks

Hi,

Can you explain what you mean by “the Login mask recognizes my old user credentials”?

I found this post with a user reporting the same error, in their case disabling and the reenabling 2FA helped.

`500: No Company Found / 500: Server Error` at login - #9 by jsenecal?

Disabling 2FA using this command update users set google_2fa_secret = null; worked, thank you

Glad to hear it’s working, thanks for the update!

@david there seems to be a pattern here, migrating Docker installs with 2FA enables causes a “500: No Company Found”. Not sure if there’s a code fix but thought I’d point it out.