Migration gives 504 Gateway Time-out

Hi,

I’m using a self hosted version of Invoice Ninja. As I understand, to migrate from v4 to v5, I need to go to Settings > Account Management and click on Start Migration.

What should I put in “texts.api_secret” ? I’ve tried to leave it blank, input anything and an API key, but in all cases, after a while the page goes blank and I see “504 Gateway Time-out”

Any ideas ?

Thank you

Hey there,

Can you please check version 4 & version 5 logs? You can find them here:

storage/logs/laravel-error.log
storage/logs/laravel.log (for version 5)

For your information, I do not have “laravel-error.log” but “larravel-info.log”. Here is the output :
[2021-02-23 12:07:07] production.INFO: Trying to get property ‘data’ of non-object [] []
[2021-02-23 12:08:36] production.INFO: Trying to get property ‘data’ of non-object [] []
[2021-02-23 12:10:30] production.INFO: Trying to get property ‘data’ of non-object [] []
[2021-02-24 09:21:21] production.INFO: Trying to get property ‘data’ of non-object [] []

Um, that doesn’t look helpful, unfortunately. Do you mind attaching whole log file & send it to me on ben[at]invoiceninja[dot]com & please reference this thread url.Thanks.

Ok, I just sent it.

The main thing I see is “/flutter_service_worker.js?v=5.1.7 - No such file or directory”

Let me know what you see in the full logs

Thank you for helping me Ben

Hey there, can you double-check the email you sent? I’m not getting anything.

Edit: I just got the email. Thanks!

Also, can I know if you’re running v4 & v5 in Docker?

I just sent it

I’m running v4 in Docker and trying to migrate to v5

Is v5 in Docker, also? Thanks.

well, for the moment I have not installe v5 in docker… because as I understand it, I have to first got to Settings > Account Management and click on Start Migration from my current version. Correct ?

Ah, I think that’s the issue.

Version 4 & version 5 are two totally different apps & it should be installed differenty. Feel free to follow the guide here: https://invoiceninja.github.io/docs/migration/

ah… I did not see that page before (I was looking here : https://invoiceninja.github.io/docs/self-host/). So I have to have the 2 versions running in parallel. Ok, I will try that.

Correct. Please let us know the outcome, thanks! :+1:

Hi Ben. I’m installing v5 (5.1.11) and I’m stumbling on an error.

On the setup page, everything works up until the Email Settings. I enter the information and, even though I get the the test email/the test email is sent, I get the following error and I cannot continue my setup :
SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory (SQL: insert into jobs (queue, attempts, reserved_at, available_at, created_at, payload) values (default, 0, ?, 1614431800,

Do you have any ideas ?

PS : when I tried with v5.1.7 I did not get the error but when I finish the process I get redirected back to the beginning (of setup) instead of being redirected to the login page. When I go the the login page/base URL I have a 500 error.

@david do you have any ideas?

@7aklhz that looks like the migration hasn’t completed as it can’t find the jobs table which is unusual.

Hi @david. I’m getting this error when installing v5 from here : https://github.com/invoiceninja/invoiceninja/releases/tag/v5.1.11-release

(I need to install invoice ninja v5 first… so I have not started the migration from v4 yet)

@7aklhz I was referring to the database migration.

from the command line can you please try running

php artisan migrate:fresh --seed

As I understood it, I need to install a new/fresh version of IN v5 and then migrate from my current V4 to the newly installed v5. As such, I’m not migrating, for the moment, my database. I created a new db for my new v5 installation.

PS : by running your command in the v5 I get the following

• Application In Production!     *

Do you really wish to run this command? (yes/no) [no]:

yes

In Connection.php line 678:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory (SQL: select * from information_schema.tables where table_schema = ninja and table_name
= accounts and table_type = ‘BASE TABLE’)

In Exception.php line 18:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

In PDOConnection.php line 38:

SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

My understanding, it seems that during the installation process, invoice ninja is not writting to the db I created. The error states "where table_schema = ninja " which is the default db name you are giving but I am changing that to my custom db name

This error indicates that either:

1. Your DB credentials are incorrect
  2. The PDO driver may not be installed.

I’ certain it is not #1. Just to make sure, can you explain to me how I do #2/install MYSQL driver during the installation process ?