Manually enter partial payment

Hello,

When some pays a portion of their invoice through the portal, their invoice is marked as partial. If they don’t pay through the portal, I’d like to mark their invoice as partially paid. Two questions:

1. Is there a way to manually mark invoice with partial payment
  2. If yes, will this automatically send the customer an email with an update and receipt of that partial payment?

Thanks

Hi,

1. Yes, you can enter a manual payment for a partial amount
  2. It depends on whether the “send email” option is enabled

How do I manual mark as partially paid? I’m not entering their payment information, I just need to mark the invoice. Thanks

Invoice are marked as paid (or partially paid) by creating payments.

If you choose the “Mark Paid” invoice action the app will create a payment for the full amount, if you use the “Enter Payment” option you can specify the amount.

1 Like

This answer seems to be incorrect. If I try to enter a partial payment for an invoice I get this error message:
Error

From the error you may be setting values for the total payment amount and the invoice amount. To enter a partial payment you only need to specify how much of the invoice should be paid.

So, I click a “Past due” invoice. A window opens at the right showing the amount due. At the bottom left of this window is an “Enter Payment” button. I click that.

The window is replaced by an Enter Payment window, with the invoice number and the amount due filled in. Under payment “Amount” I enter the partial amount (less than the amount due, obviously). I click “Save”. I see the error message above. It’s reproducible with any invoice.

What am I missing?

You want to leave the amount blank and instead edit the invoice amount to be the amount you’d like to be paid.